Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Comparing graphics cards, evga vs nvidia?

Last response: in Video Games
November 6, 2011 3:57:11 PM

Im thinking about buying a new graphics card to replace my Nvidia 550 ti 1 gb, and i want to get the evga 560 2gb superclocked. but idk which is better and if im even getting that much of an upgrade. one thing i found is the 550 t1 has 1 processors and a ramdac of 4100 mhz. And the 560 superclocked has 336 processors and a ramdac of 865 mhz, so i was hoping someone could shed light on what these specs mean, and which is better. i really want to go with the evga cuz i think the 2 gb will help with my games but im not too smart when it comes to computer specs. also ill post the best buy links to both of the cards below

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NVIDIA+-+GeForce+GTX+550+Ti...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/EVGA+-+GeForce+GTX+560+2GB+...

ps; any help would be much appreciated and in a timely fashion
November 6, 2011 4:27:33 PM

johndud said:
Im thinking about buying a new graphics card to replace my Nvidia 550 ti 1 gb, and i want to get the evga 560 2gb superclocked. but idk which is better and if im even getting that much of an upgrade. one thing i found is the 550 t1 has 1 processors and a ramdac of 4100 mhz. And the 560 superclocked has 336 processors and a ramdac of 865 mhz, so i was hoping someone could shed light on what these specs mean, and which is better. i really want to go with the evga cuz i think the 2 gb will help with my games but im not too smart when it comes to computer specs. also ill post the best buy links to both of the cards below

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NVIDIA+-+GeForce+GTX+550+Ti...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/EVGA+-+GeForce+GTX+560+2GB+...

ps; any help would be much appreciated and in a timely fashion

First of all, EVGA makes NVIDIA graphics cards, not they're own.
The 560 would definitely be better, but the 2 GB is pretty much useless, unless you're gaming at 2560x1600. So I think you could just buy a 1 GB version to save some money. Also, what is the rest of your specs and what resolution are you using?
And about the specs, both cards have one graphics processor, but several hundreds of shaders, which do the actual rendering. I don't know about the ramdac, though.
m
l
November 6, 2011 5:14:12 PM

julius 85 said:
The 560 would definitely be better, but the 2 GB is pretty much useless, unless you're gaming at 2560x1600. So I think you could just buy a 1 GB version to save some money. Also, what is the rest of your specs and what resolution are you using?
And about the specs, both cards have one graphics processor, but several hundreds of shaders, which do the actual rendering. I don't know about the ramdac, though.

hp amd phenom II six core processore 1045 t
8gb ddr3 system memory
corsair 600 watt power supply
nvidia 550 ti 1 gb ddr5

ps: thanks for the info i thot for sure the extra gb would do more for me, im really just looking for a card thats between 250- 300.00 that is a significant stepup from my card, and in the future i can get a new motherboard to go sli with. any tips??
m
l
Related resources
November 6, 2011 5:16:04 PM

julius 85 said:

also idk if u play BF 3 on pc but if u do can u help me out with minimizing the message pop-up or tell me the button to exit out of it instead of waiting for it to exit out itself???
:pt1cable: 
m
l
November 6, 2011 5:54:21 PM

johndud said:
hp amd phenom II six core processore 1045 t
8gb ddr3 system memory
corsair 600 watt power supply
nvidia 550 ti 1 gb ddr5

ps: thanks for the info i thot for sure the extra gb would do more for me, im really just looking for a card thats between 250- 300.00 that is a significant stepup from my card, and in the future i can get a new motherboard to go sli with. any tips??

Well, you'll definitely have to get an AM3+ motherboard, because AM3 doesn't support SLI. I don't know any specific model, though.
m
l
November 6, 2011 7:19:02 PM

julius 85 said:
Well, you'll definitely have to get an AM3+ motherboard, because AM3 doesn't support SLI. I don't know any specific model, though.

any tips on graphics cards thats what i want to get now? do u know of a website that has comparisons of video cards like the ones i mentioned?? and do u know about the message thing for BF3?? sorry so many questions
m
l

Best solution

November 7, 2011 4:43:10 AM

I haven't played BF3 yet so I don't know. And here ( http://www.hwcompare.com/10975/geforce-gtx-550-ti-vs-ge... ) you can compare those cards, although there aren't any benchmarks. But I guess you could expect 15-20% more performance with the 560. Also, if you plan on going SLi later on, you might want to upgrade to an Intel CPU, as your current one might bottleneck the 560's. Or you could wait for the Piledriver CPU's.
November 13, 2011 11:28:04 PM

Best answer selected by johndud.
m
l
!