Deleting 1 of 2 SysVols on a partitioned hard drive

I am running XP Home Edition with SP2.

I have one 80 gig hard drive partitioned into a C: and a
D: drive. The hard drive is NTFS format.

Operating system is loaded on C: and it boots from C:

C: has a System Volume folder.

D: has a System Volume folder. It has data files I use,
but not much else.

Question: Can I delete the system volume volume folder on
the D: partition? What would happen if I did, or if I
simply deleted its contents without deleting the folder
itself? One of the subfolders in it (the sysvol on D:)
has some massive files.

I am not touching the System Volume on C:

Thanks,

Moxie
1 answer Last reply
More about deleting sysvols partitioned hard drive

    The System Volume Folder contains restore points. If you wish to turn off
    System Restore for the drive, go to Start > Control Panel > System > System
    Restore tab.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Moxie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am running XP Home Edition with SP2.
    >
    > I have one 80 gig hard drive partitioned into a C: and a
    > D: drive. The hard drive is NTFS format.
    >
    > Operating system is loaded on C: and it boots from C:
    >
    > C: has a System Volume folder.
    >
    > D: has a System Volume folder. It has data files I use,
    > but not much else.
    >
    > Question: Can I delete the system volume volume folder on
    > the D: partition? What would happen if I did, or if I
    > simply deleted its contents without deleting the folder
    > itself? One of the subfolders in it (the sysvol on D:)
    > has some massive files.
    >
    > I am not touching the System Volume on C:
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Moxie

Hard Drives Windows XP