Deleting 1 of 2 SysVols on a partitioned hard drive

November 23, 2004 1:08:14 PM

I am running XP Home Edition with SP2.

I have one 80 gig hard drive partitioned into a C: and a
D: drive. The hard drive is NTFS format.

Operating system is loaded on C: and it boots from C:

C: has a System Volume folder.

D: has a System Volume folder. It has data files I use,
but not much else.

Question: Can I delete the system volume volume folder on
the D: partition? What would happen if I did, or if I
simply deleted its contents without deleting the folder
itself? One of the subfolders in it (the sysvol on D:)
has some massive files.

I am not touching the System Volume on C:

Thanks,

Moxie
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 5:56:39 PM

The System Volume Folder contains restore points. If you wish to turn off
System Restore for the drive, go to Start > Control Panel > System > System
Restore tab.
--
Ted Zieglar