Sign in with
Your question

I bought a used madden 12, and the online pass isnt working

Last response: in Video Games
November 6, 2011 10:31:23 PM

Hello,i bought a used madden 12, and the online pass isnt working
November 7, 2011 11:52:33 AM

The online pass is a one time use only. If the previous owner used it, you will need to contact EA and purchase a new online pass code.

More games are starting to use a one time only pass for multiplayer and it really sucks.
m
l
November 7, 2011 12:17:29 PM

No, what sucks is that game developers put blood, sweat and tears into making games and then get the money they deserve when first hand buyers purchase the game but then get screwed when people not willing to pay the full price for a game wait and purchase a used copy from a game retailer.

The retailer gets 100% of this money and the game developers get nothing. By adding the one-time-use online pass means that when someone buys a used copy they must buy a new pass to play online.

This will both force the game retailers to reduce the price of used games while the game developers now receive money for the purchase of the used game.
m
l
Related resources
November 7, 2011 12:48:15 PM

davedurg09 said:
No, what sucks is that game developers put blood, sweat and tears into making games and then get the money they deserve when first hand buyers purchase the game but then get screwed when people not willing to pay the full price for a game wait and purchase a used copy from a game retailer.

The retailer gets 100% of this money and the game developers get nothing. By adding the one-time-use online pass means that when someone buys a used copy they must buy a new pass to play online.

This will both force the game retailers to reduce the price of used games while the game developers now receive money for the purchase of the used game.

So, what you are saying is that when you buy a used card, the motor shouldn't run until you pay GM, Ford, or whoever an additional cost to make the motor work once again.

That's uttelry ridiculous. You just stated that the developer made their money on the first sale. Charging for an online pass violates the first sale doctrine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine
m
l
November 7, 2011 1:00:49 PM

It is alot better to just buy a new copy as most games that come out and become preowned normally cost 90% of the original price. I know you can buy a online pass for about £10 I think it is so I advice looking on the EA website.

Regards
Gazum
m
l
November 7, 2011 1:05:34 PM

Sucks maybe, but we're stuck with it. Basically, software developers are renting the program.
Software is intellectual property, not a car.
m
l
!