Can't Shut'er Down - Help Stop the Madness!

G

I just started having a strange problem with my ECS K7VTA3 mobo. It won't shut down! I'm running Win98SE. After I do a shutdown, the dang thing just powers back up. Hitting the mobo power button makes no difference, it just reboots. The only thing that keeps it down is to turn off the power suppy. Any thoughts?

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/0/96.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=shutdown&rnk=16&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=W98" target="_new"><b><font color=blue>Problem shutting down in Windows 98 SE</A></b></font color=blue>

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Mogglewump

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
Anybody know anything about Windows 98 taking a very very long time to shut down? As in I say shut down then go away to make a cuppa and come back and watch TV and it turns off about 10 mins after the shutdown command. Probably crap drivers.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
windows 98 has a bunch of problems with shutting down, but it also might be something still doing something after you tell it to shut off...but i am not sure...let us know about your system configuration so that maybe we can help you more.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-