Windows check disk

COBRA

Win XP Home OS. When I go into tools for my HD, I click on check disk and
get the error.

Disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs
exclusive access to some windows files.

How can I get this to perfomr this check ? Even if I schedule one I get teh
same error.

thanks

Cobra

Go ahead and schedule one - then reboot and during the boot process "chkdsk"
will run, afterwards WinXP will start up normally.

--

StringFellow Hawk

"Dom, Give me Turbos"
"Cobra" <Cobra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Win XP Home OS. When I go into tools for my HD, I click on check disk and
> get the error.
>
> Disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs
> exclusive access to some windows files.
>
> How can I get this to perfomr this check ? Even if I schedule one I get
teh
> same error.
>
> thanks
>
> Cobra

COBRA

As I said, EVEN if I have one scheduled it will NOT work.

Cobra