How do I modify the Path to Executable through Services?

I ran into an odd issue today that I couldn't figure out how to fix. A
user's computer had the path to msiexec.exe modified in Services to search in
an invalid directory. I see the problem but I do not know how to modify the
path to the correct location. I imagine it is buried somewhere in the
registry.

Thanks in advance,

MidwestTech

I answered my own question by drilling through the registry-how
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Installer InstallerLocation key

Anyone have any idea what would have modified this to put into a user
directory?

"MidwestTech" wrote:

> I ran into an odd issue today that I couldn't figure out how to fix. A
> user's computer had the path to msiexec.exe modified in Services to search in
> an invalid directory. I see the problem but I do not know how to modify the
> path to the correct location. I imagine it is buried somewhere in the
> registry.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> MidwestTech

I further resolved my issue by finding article q315346

"MidwestTech" wrote:

> I ran into an odd issue today that I couldn't figure out how to fix. A
> user's computer had the path to msiexec.exe modified in Services to search in
> an invalid directory. I see the problem but I do not know how to modify the
> path to the correct location. I imagine it is buried somewhere in the
> registry.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> MidwestTech

Nice job!