How do I modify the Path to Executable through Services?

I ran into an odd issue today that I couldn't figure out how to fix. A
user's computer had the path to msiexec.exe modified in Services to search in
an invalid directory. I see the problem but I do not know how to modify the
path to the correct location. I imagine it is buried somewhere in the
registry.

Thanks in advance,

MidwestTech
3 answers Last reply
More about modify path executable services

    I answered my own question by drilling through the registry-how
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Installer InstallerLocation key

    Anyone have any idea what would have modified this to put into a user
    directory?

    "MidwestTech" wrote:

    > I ran into an odd issue today that I couldn't figure out how to fix. A
    > user's computer had the path to msiexec.exe modified in Services to search in
    > an invalid directory. I see the problem but I do not know how to modify the
    > path to the correct location. I imagine it is buried somewhere in the
    > registry.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > MidwestTech

    I further resolved my issue by finding article q315346

    "MidwestTech" wrote:

    > I ran into an odd issue today that I couldn't figure out how to fix. A
    > user's computer had the path to msiexec.exe modified in Services to search in
    > an invalid directory. I see the problem but I do not know how to modify the
    > path to the correct location. I imagine it is buried somewhere in the
    > registry.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > MidwestTech

    Nice job!

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "MidwestTech" wrote:
    |I further resolved my issue by finding article q315346
    |
    | "MidwestTech" wrote:
    |
    | > I ran into an odd issue today that I couldn't figure out how to fix. A
    | > user's computer had the path to msiexec.exe modified in Services to
    search in
    | > an invalid directory. I see the problem but I do not know how to modify
    the
    | > path to the correct location. I imagine it is buried somewhere in the
    | > registry.
    | >
    | > Thanks in advance,
    | >
    | > MidwestTech

Microsoft Windows XP