Game Beta and hardware/product testing

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Hardware
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
November 3, 2011 7:59:46 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, if not I'm sure it will get moved. I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about getting involved in beta tests for games and product testing for PC hardware and peripherals. I have been wanting to get involved in this for quite a while now but can not find any info on it. Thank you for you time and knowledge.

More about : game beta hardware product testing

November 7, 2011 2:11:26 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Video Games by Area51reopened
November 7, 2011 3:58:26 AM

Maybe you should try developers' websites, and do the same for hardware/peripherals producers.
November 7, 2011 5:28:48 AM

Normally you can sign up for beta testing directly at the developer's site, if they are looking for beta testers, that is. Blizzard have a beta test program, one of few major developers I know of that will let you participate. You might have more luck seraching for beta slots with smaller or indie developers. Good example can be found here:

http://www.wcsaga.com/

These guys are working on an original Wing Commander title using the Freespace 2 engine and are currently in beta testing. Maybe you can still get involved.
!