Red Alert 2 and Windows 7

bcguy

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I am running Windows 7 32-bit. I just bought the Command and Conquer 1st 10 Years. I can't get any of the modules to run. I went into the RA2 folder and changed all the "applications" files to Windows XP SP2 compatibility. I can start RA2 now, and I can hear the game start up, but I'm still getting a blank screen. How do I get the graphics to work? I've tried setting compatibility to 640x480, but that doesn't help. Any ideas would be great.

BCGUY

Solution
You might want to try running the installation using compatibility mode as well. I also suggest you go to the forums at commandandconquer.com, and search for the unofficial 1.03 fan patch for The First Decade. This fixed a few issues for me.
You might want to try running the installation using compatibility mode as well. I also suggest you go to the forums at commandandconquer.com, and search for the unofficial 1.03 fan patch for The First Decade. This fixed a few issues for me.

Solution

bcguy

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

Thanks for the suggestion on the patch. I understand how to set compatibility after the install, but when installing "the first decade" how do you do so using compatibility mode?