after downloading xp sp2 disk defragment won't start!!!!

So I am out here looking for someone witgh the infinite wisdom to help me
get it to strart again. When i try to analyze or defragment hard drive
message that states: disk defragment cannot strart: comes up I am loosing
alot of speed becaue hard drive space is congested but can not apply
defragmentation to help me alleviate this problem. Anyone with simmilar
circumstances and solutions please send me in the right direction it would be
dearly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about after downloading disk defragment start

    Hi

    Have you got at least 15% free disk space available for the Defrag program
    to run?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "ou812" <ou812@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > So I am out here looking for someone witgh the infinite wisdom to help me
    > get it to strart again. When i try to analyze or defragment hard drive
    > message that states: disk defragment cannot strart: comes up I am loosing
    > alot of speed becaue hard drive space is congested but can not apply
    > defragmentation to help me alleviate this problem. Anyone with simmilar
    > circumstances and solutions please send me in the right direction it would
    > be
    > dearly appreciated.

Defragment Hard Drives Windows XP