Not enough memory or disk to convert or save document

a b } Memory
November 24, 2004 5:33:01 PM

I would post this in microsoft office/word but the site seems to be down.

I combined 12 documents in word 2000 that amount to 500 pages. The documents
were originally in microsoft works format. So works 2000 has some converting
to do. The message is issued when I try to save this document.

I have a Celeron processor with 250 mb memory and a 40 gig drive of which 20
gig available.

I increased the the page file from 384 to 500 with a maxinum of 1000 and
still it runs out of memory and disk space !!!

It took a while to put this together. Its not something permenent. Need it
to supply bookmarks via a program I wrote. When thats done I can convert to
acrobat pdf.

I don't want to lose what I put together. Any suggestions ?
Anonymous
a b } Memory
November 27, 2004 2:35:48 AM

I ran into something like this on a customer's computer, and in the end, it
was a problem with the way Works handled formatting, and when converted to
Word, it had a huge amount of formatting code attached.

The only way I could get around it was to save as a plain text file to strip
out all the coding, then open it in Word and fix the formatting.

!