Blondie

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004

I recently downloaded Error Guard and ran a scan of my computer. The scan
said that I have 286 errors on my computer. 210 of them were in the
exhaustive registry check. I'm supposed to have a Dr. Watson on my computer
that came with Windows XP. Will that fix this? I tried to open it, but
couldn't get it to open. Should I trust Error Guard and pay to have them fix
it? Or is there a program out there that you would recommend to fix
something like this? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
--
Definitely no computer whiz here!

To open Dr. Watson...
Start | Run | Type: drwtsn32 | OK |

drwtsn32.exe = DrWatson Postmortem Debugger

drwtsn32.exe lives here >>>
C:\WINDOWS\system32
and
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache

drwtsn32.log should be here, if Dr Watson has ever run >>

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\

If a program error occurs, Dr. Watson will start automatically.

Dr. Watson is a program error debugger that detects and diagnoses program
errors and creates User.dmp and DrWtsn32.log files to contain the diagnostic
data.

If you have a lot of program errors, drwtsn32.log will get huge.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:3ADBCA1F-9454-44AE-BE06-B683F85EC626@microsoft.com,
Blondie <Blondie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I recently downloaded Error Guard and ran a scan of my computer. The
> scan said that I have 286 errors on my computer. 210 of them were
> in the exhaustive registry check. I'm supposed to have a Dr. Watson
> on my computer that came with Windows XP. Will that fix this? I
> tried to open it, but couldn't get it to open. Should I trust Error
> Guard and pay to have them fix it? Or is there a program out there
> that you would recommend to fix something like this? Your help would
> be greatly appreciated. Thanks

"Should I trust Error Guard..."

Lol, no. Those misleading toys are a waste of time. If you're having a
particular problem with your computer, tell us about it and we'll try to
help. Otherwise, enjoy your computer.

Ted Zieglar

"Blondie" <Blondie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently downloaded Error Guard and ran a scan of my computer. The scan
> said that I have 286 errors on my computer. 210 of them were in the
> exhaustive registry check. I'm supposed to have a Dr. Watson on my
> computer
> that came with Windows XP. Will that fix this? I tried to open it, but
> couldn't get it to open. Should I trust Error Guard and pay to have them
> fix
> it? Or is there a program out there that you would recommend to fix
> something like this? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
> --
> Definitely no computer whiz here!

Blondie

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004

Thanks for your help! I removed Error Guard from my computer. Then I opened
up Dr Watson and found out that it had been working all along. It looks like
I have a nice long log. You saved me some money and I'm sure a lot of
headaches too. I'm glad you guys are here.