run program on Performance Monitor alert

I'm attempting to configure an alert in Performance Monitor (on WinXP SP2) to
run a program when the alert is triggered. However, whenever the alert is
triggered the target program (I've tried with various .exe's, .bat's, and
VBScripts), will not run - the process shows up in Task Manager, but the
program/script never actually opens or executes.

Any ideas?

At a guess you have the alert with a different user name than the logged on user,

http://www.uscricket.com