run program on Performance Monitor alert

I'm attempting to configure an alert in Performance Monitor (on WinXP SP2) to
run a program when the alert is triggered. However, whenever the alert is
triggered the target program (I've tried with various .exe's, .bat's, and
VBScripts), will not run - the process shows up in Task Manager, but the
program/script never actually opens or executes.

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about program performance monitor alert

    At a guess you have the alert with a different user name than the logged on user,

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Jeff Turgeon" <Jeff Turgeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A95A3855-5E13-4A51-A661-E711A52832AF@microsoft.com...
    > I'm attempting to configure an alert in Performance Monitor (on WinXP SP2) to
    > run a program when the alert is triggered. However, whenever the alert is
    > triggered the target program (I've tried with various .exe's, .bat's, and
    > VBScripts), will not run - the process shows up in Task Manager, but the
    > program/script never actually opens or executes.
    >
    > Any ideas?

Performance Monitors Microsoft Windows XP