Microsoft Word New Document Template

This one is driving me nuts. When I am in Word, I click on New
Document (The blank document Icon) and it brings up an OLD letter I
typed a year ago. I am pretty good in Word but this one baffles me. I
just want a BLANK page to appear when I click on New Bland Document
icon.

Help

Joe in Solana Beach
2 answers Last reply
More about microsoft word document template

    [[SYMPTOMS
    When you open a new blank document in Microsoft Word 2000, Microsoft Word
    2002, or Microsoft Office Word 2003, the document may unexpectedly contain
    text, an object, or an image. ]]

    WD Unexpected Content Appears in New Blank Document
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323117

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:ed8345a1.0411250745.7f81bec0@posting.google.com,
    Joe <jfriedmann@rfpexpress.com> hunted and pecked:
    > This one is driving me nuts. When I am in Word, I click on New
    > Document (The blank document Icon) and it brings up an OLD letter I
    > typed a year ago. I am pretty good in Word but this one baffles me. I
    > just want a BLANK page to appear when I click on New Bland Document
    > icon.
    >
    > Help
    >
    > Joe in Solana Beach

    Joe,

    Close all instances of Word. Locate the file named "Normal.dot" using Search and rename every occurrence of the file (Such as OldNormal.dot or Normal-1.dot). Launch Winword again

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Joe" <jfriedmann@rfpexpress.com> wrote in message news:ed8345a1.0411250745.7f81bec0@posting.google.com...
    This one is driving me nuts. When I am in Word, I click on New
    Document (The blank document Icon) and it brings up an OLD letter I
    typed a year ago. I am pretty good in Word but this one baffles me. I
    just want a BLANK page to appear when I click on New Bland Document
    icon.

    Help

    Joe in Solana Beach

Microsoft Word Document Microsoft Windows XP