Problem with OS booting

November 25, 2004 4:43:02 PM

Hello. I have winXP pro, i was using a registry cleaning software, then i
restarted my computer but windows didnt started up and a message appeared on
the screen telling me that the file \WINDOWS\system32\config\system was
missing or corrupt. Also in the message they told me to try to use the repair
function in the setup disk.

I tried the Last Known Good Configuration option, but it didnt work.

What shall i do? i urgently need to work on my pc.
Thank you.

More about : problem booting

Anonymous
November 25, 2004 6:33:23 PM

Answered in .general

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Philip Germanos" <PhilipGermanos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E571179B-30F0-439E-88B0-9305682C4209@microsoft.com...
| Hello. I have winXP pro, i was using a registry cleaning software, then i
| restarted my computer but windows didnt started up and a message appeared
on
| the screen telling me that the file \WINDOWS\system32\config\system was
| missing or corrupt. Also in the message they told me to try to use the
repair
| function in the setup disk.
|
| I tried the Last Known Good Configuration option, but it didnt work.
|
| What shall i do? i urgently need to work on my pc.
| Thank you.
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 12:50:19 AM

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry That Prevents Windows XP from
Starting"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307545

--

Will Denny