Presario 5838 memory upgrade

I'm upgrading my Presario 5838. Does this standard pc100 128mhz 16M memory
by Kingston work in my model?
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator/PartsInfo.asp?
ktcpartno=KVR100X64C2/128

Or does it have to be specifically made for Compaq? The guy at the local
store wasn't sure.

Thanks
TT
1 answer Last reply
More about presario 5838 memory upgrade

    Yes, standard PC100 will work fine. You might also try:
    http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Compaq%2BPresario.&mfr=Compaq&cat=&model=Presario+5838.&submit=Go

    HH

    "TT" <winterisland2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm upgrading my Presario 5838. Does this standard pc100 128mhz 16M memory
    > by Kingston work in my model?
    > http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator/PartsInfo.asp?
    > ktcpartno=KVR100X64C2/128
    >
    > Or does it have to be specifically made for Compaq? The guy at the local
    > store wasn't sure.
    >
    > Thanks
    > TT

Compaq Presario Memory Upgrade Computers