Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Will NFS:TR run on windows XP?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 8, 2011 2:59:01 AM

I have a question for everyone here will this game run on windows XP up, XP supports directx 9 and 10 but I’m not sure if it will work on XP the system Requirements didn’t say anything about system Requirements for XP for the run. What do you guys think? Can need for speed: the run support windows XP?

More about : nfs run windows

November 16, 2011 1:19:23 PM

ITsonic said:
I have a question for everyone here will this game run on windows XP up, XP supports directx 9 and 10 but I’m not sure if it will work on XP the system Requirements didn’t say anything about system Requirements for XP for the run. What do you guys think? Can need for speed: the run support windows XP?



Apparently, it won't; and you need a video card that supports at least DX 10.1 for that.
November 16, 2011 1:29:43 PM

Eldd said:
Apparently, it won't; and you need a video card that supports at least DX 10.1 for that.

I do I just got my Galaxy GeFroce 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 video card yesterday, the fan so big it blocked one of my PCI slots. But EA didn't say if the game would run on XP.
Related resources
November 16, 2011 2:05:15 PM

Interestingly enough, I have a friend that tried to play on Win XP, and it didn't start at all, got an error message about the not compatible operating system.

If we check Origin's website, we'll see that XP is listed as a working OS for the game. So.. what are we expected to believe now?

Grats on your video card, mate, it should run the game pretty smooth :) 
November 16, 2011 3:08:10 PM

Eldd said:
Interestingly enough, I have a friend that tried to play on Win XP, and it didn't start at all, got an error message about the not compatible operating system.

If we check Origin's website, we'll see that XP is listed as a working OS for the game. So.. what are we expected to believe now?

Grats on your video card, mate, it should run the game pretty smooth :) 


What the.... they said that it was for windows 7 and vista? What's going on here? Yeah it should I was playing NFS: shift last night it was so smooth.

Best solution

November 23, 2011 2:28:30 AM
Share

ITsonic said:
I have a question for everyone here will this game run on windows XP up, XP supports directx 9 and 10...


Windows XP does not support DirectX 10. Support for DirectX ends with 9.0c.
November 25, 2011 1:55:43 AM

nnaatthhaannx2 said:
No it won't.

That's all I want to know. Thanks.
November 25, 2011 1:58:45 AM

jaguarskx said:
Windows XP does not support DirectX 10. Support for DirectX ends with 9.0c.

Thanks you.
November 25, 2011 1:58:52 AM

Best answer selected by ITsonic.
!