Windows Update of .NET framework

Using Windows XP and SP2, through Windows Update the critical update for .NET
framework 1.1 service pack 1 will not install. I only get a message / window
that the update did not successfully install. Any help to get this update
installed will be appreciated.
5 answers Last reply
More about windows update framework

    I had to unisntall .NET Framework and then I was able to install it, then the
    service pack fine.

    "Dave Smith" wrote:

    > Using Windows XP and SP2, through Windows Update the critical update for .NET
    > framework 1.1 service pack 1 will not install. I only get a message / window
    > that the update did not successfully install. Any help to get this update
    > installed will be appreciated.

    I got .NET removed but cannot find out what needs to be done to reinstall.

    "Seth Fowler" wrote:

    > I had to unisntall .NET Framework and then I was able to install it, then the
    > service pack fine.
    >
    > "Dave Smith" wrote:
    >
    > > Using Windows XP and SP2, through Windows Update the critical update for .NET
    > > framework 1.1 service pack 1 will not install. I only get a message / window
    > > that the update did not successfully install. Any help to get this update
    > > installed will be appreciated.

    Hi

    Try manually downloading/installing SP1 for .NET Framework:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&displaylang=en

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Dave Smith" <dsmith987@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Using Windows XP and SP2, through Windows Update the critical update for
    > .NET
    > framework 1.1 service pack 1 will not install. I only get a message /
    > window
    > that the update did not successfully install. Any help to get this update
    > installed will be appreciated.

    Still failed. In light of the following thread, I wound up removing .NET -
    and I can not find out how to reinstall. Hope I don't need it!

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Try manually downloading/installing SP1 for .NET Framework:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&displaylang=en
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Dave Smith" <dsmith987@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Using Windows XP and SP2, through Windows Update the critical update for
    > > .NET
    > > framework 1.1 service pack 1 will not install. I only get a message /
    > > window
    > > that the update did not successfully install. Any help to get this update
    > > installed will be appreciated.

    Hi

    If you have uninstalled >NET Framework, go back to Windows Update. You
    should be offered it again.

    --

    > Still failed. In light of the following thread, I wound up removing .NET -
    > and I can not find out how to reinstall. Hope I don't need it!
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Try manually downloading/installing SP1 for .NET Framework:
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&displaylang=en
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Dave Smith" <dsmith987@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> > Using Windows XP and SP2, through Windows Update the critical update
    >> > for
    >> > .NET
    >> > framework 1.1 service pack 1 will not install. I only get a message /
    >> > window
    >> > that the update did not successfully install. Any help to get this
    >> > update
    >> > installed will be appreciated.

Framework Windows Update Windows XP