Windows Update of .NET framework

Using Windows XP and SP2, through Windows Update the critical update for .NET
framework 1.1 service pack 1 will not install. I only get a message / window
that the update did not successfully install. Any help to get this update
installed will be appreciated.

I had to unisntall .NET Framework and then I was able to install it, then the
service pack fine.

"Dave Smith" wrote:

> Using Windows XP and SP2, through Windows Update the critical update for .NET
> framework 1.1 service pack 1 will not install. I only get a message / window
> that the update did not successfully install. Any help to get this update
> installed will be appreciated.

I got .NET removed but cannot find out what needs to be done to reinstall.

"Seth Fowler" wrote:

> I had to unisntall .NET Framework and then I was able to install it, then the
> service pack fine.
>
> "Dave Smith" wrote:
>
> > Using Windows XP and SP2, through Windows Update the critical update for .NET
> > framework 1.1 service pack 1 will not install. I only get a message / window
> > that the update did not successfully install. Any help to get this update
> > installed will be appreciated.

Hi

Try manually downloading/installing SP1 for .NET Framework:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&displaylang=en

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Dave Smith" <dsmith987@aol.com> wrote in message
> Using Windows XP and SP2, through Windows Update the critical update for
> .NET
> framework 1.1 service pack 1 will not install. I only get a message /
> window
> that the update did not successfully install. Any help to get this update
> installed will be appreciated.

Still failed. In light of the following thread, I wound up removing .NET -
and I can not find out how to reinstall. Hope I don't need it!

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try manually downloading/installing SP1 for .NET Framework:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&displaylang=en
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Dave Smith" <dsmith987@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Using Windows XP and SP2, through Windows Update the critical update for
> > .NET
> > framework 1.1 service pack 1 will not install. I only get a message /
> > window
> > that the update did not successfully install. Any help to get this update
> > installed will be appreciated.

Hi

If you have uninstalled >NET Framework, go back to Windows Update. You
should be offered it again.