SP2 install error - dll copy failure

I'm trying to install SP2 and I get a Copy Error which says in part "setup
cannot copy the file safrslv.dll". It then asks me to verify that the
drive is correct. What should I do?
3 answers Last reply
More about install error copy failure

    Is your Windows XP legal, and activated with Microsoft?

    Bill Crocker

    "rickyboi7" <b.bard@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to install SP2 and I get a Copy Error which says in part "setup
    > cannot copy the file safrslv.dll". It then asks me to verify that the
    > drive is correct. What should I do?

    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Service_Pack_2
    Cannot install Service Pack 2
    Scroll to: Cannot copy file

    "rickyboi7" <b.bard@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to install SP2 and I get a Copy Error which says in part "setup
    > cannot copy the file safrslv.dll". It then asks me to verify that the
    > drive is correct. What should I do?

    This worked, I had about 9 .dll files and 1 .inf file that got this cannot
    copy error. Some I just renamed and continued, others I just hit Cancel and
    continued install without copying the file. SP2 finally in and working fine
    after much work.

    "Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Service_Pack_2
    > Cannot install Service Pack 2
    > Scroll to: Cannot copy file
    >
    > "rickyboi7" <b.bard@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to install SP2 and I get a Copy Error which says in part
    >> "setup
    >> cannot copy the file safrslv.dll". It then asks me to verify that the
    >> drive is correct. What should I do?

DLL Microsoft Windows XP