SP2 install error - dll copy failure

I'm trying to install SP2 and I get a Copy Error which says in part "setup
cannot copy the file safrslv.dll". It then asks me to verify that the
drive is correct. What should I do?

Is your Windows XP legal, and activated with Microsoft?

Bill Crocker

"rickyboi7" <b.bard@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to install SP2 and I get a Copy Error which says in part "setup
> cannot copy the file safrslv.dll". It then asks me to verify that the
> drive is correct. What should I do?

http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Service_Pack_2
Cannot install Service Pack 2
Scroll to: Cannot copy file

"rickyboi7" <b.bard@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to install SP2 and I get a Copy Error which says in part "setup
> cannot copy the file safrslv.dll". It then asks me to verify that the
> drive is correct. What should I do?

This worked, I had about 9 .dll files and 1 .inf file that got this cannot
copy error. Some I just renamed and continued, others I just hit Cancel and
continued install without copying the file. SP2 finally in and working fine
after much work.