Sign in with
Your question

Tailpipe

Last response: in Video Games
November 8, 2011 2:18:47 PM

Ey guys just got the game, Bad Company3. Im running MSI GTX460 Hawk Talon Attack version, AMD Phenom2 x2 555be ( Unlocked to x4 ), Mobo MSI 870-G45, Hard drive Samsung 1 Tera 7200rpm, 8gb (2gb DDR3 1333(2x) n 4gb ), power supply Thermaltake 600watts.... Well the game was good. But, Im having a low fps. I think its purely bussiness between the 2 ( Nvidia and EA ) and I may add the vendors who make the cards. For as gamers to upgrade our systems. When I say gamers like me who have jobs and a family not the one those who spend a lot to their pc. People who prioritize gaming...Theres so many good games with good graphics that can be played on a simple PC...But, these BFBC3 my cards wants to cry...Want do you think guys...

More about : tailpipe

November 8, 2011 2:30:01 PM

Buy it for console if you don't like the cost of pc gaming. BF3 is a graphically intensive game and requires a good computer to run it. You can't expect your computer to play games with high FPS forever, technology moves on. I would rather developers push for better game engines and graphics then keep them outdated to keep people like you happy.

Lots of gamers have jobs and familys and prioritize gaming, are you implying that gamers don't work and play games 24/7? How else would we afford computers if we didn't work.

m
l
November 8, 2011 2:57:50 PM

what resolution and what settings?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 12, 2011 3:19:25 AM

Gothams Finest said:
Buy it for console if you don't like the cost of pc gaming. BF3 is a graphically intensive game and requires a good computer to run it. You can't expect your computer to play games with high FPS forever, technology moves on. I would rather developers push for better game engines and graphics then keep them outdated to keep people like you happy.

Lots of gamers have jobs and familys and prioritize gaming, are you implying that gamers don't work and play games 24/7? How else would we afford computers if we didn't work.

Ey Im just describing people who were supported by their parents on a age bracket of 13 to 21 who sit on a couch all day. I dont have to be so darn clear bout these...I just having a thought bout the buss. their running. I dont have any grudge bout the game or If Im a call of duty fanboy...Just makin a point. That I do believe that it can happen that these kind of so call new advancement graphics ( Frostbite ) can run on a simple specs If they wish too...Get the point...Dont make it a big deal out of it...Peace....
m
l
November 12, 2011 3:24:00 AM

13thmonkey said:
what resolution and what settings?

1920x1080...ultra
m
l
November 12, 2011 3:32:05 AM

I want to inform you guys. I respect people own point view. But, dont be so damn emotional...
m
l
November 12, 2011 9:38:45 AM

well the word from dice is that 1920x1080 on ultra will require SLI 580's not a 460, set it on auto. You might get away with sli 570's.
m
l
November 13, 2011 5:04:18 AM

13thmonkey said:
well the word from dice is that 1920x1080 on ultra will require SLI 580's not a 460, set it on auto. You might get away with sli 570's.

Well if that so its purely buss. between the 2 giants...
I thought 560's is good enough...by the way if you would categorize the video card of a ps3 on a nvidia card. What will it be? Have you seen bfbc3 on ps3 do you think the antialiasing is enable? many thanks...
m
l
November 13, 2011 9:26:49 AM

a ps3 is limited to 720p. and possibly only 30fps. as is the xbox. they also had a low res texture pack for size reasons.

m
l
November 14, 2011 4:45:34 AM

13thmonkey said:
a ps3 is limited to 720p. and possibly only 30fps. as is the xbox. they also had a low res texture pack for size reasons.

Many thanks bro...God Bless...
m
l
November 14, 2011 6:43:24 AM

13thmonkey said:

Wanna see proof that statement by DICE is horse manure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg7i-UY13SI&feature=chan...

I am playing it totally maxed on ultra, AA and AF maxed, CCC sliders set to quality, V-Sync, View Distance set to max, and in 1920x1080 and getting 40fps+ with fraps.

DICE probably had a deal with hardware manufacturers, because BF3 is NOT hard to max.

Crysis is harder.
m
l
November 14, 2011 6:50:31 AM

ya bf3 is cake to max. skyrim with its shitty textures is harder. dual 570's, bf3 over 100 with v-sync off, skyrim, lucky to get 45
m
l
November 14, 2011 7:15:49 AM

PCgamer81 said:

I am playing it totally maxed on ultra, AA and AF maxed, CCC sliders set to quality, V-Sync, View Distance set to max, and in 1920x1080 and getting 40fps+ with fraps.

DICE probably had a deal with hardware manufacturers, because BF3 is NOT hard to max.

Crysis is harder.

The OP was trying to run ultra 1080 on a 460. I know when I go to ultra on my 470 fps drops only a little for short periods, but stalls and stutters a lot, so i'd suggest down from a smooth 45fps to a very 'lumpy' 20fps. Which makes me think its not a gpu power issue but something else, which perhaps doesn't affect AMD.

m
l
November 14, 2011 7:20:08 AM

13thmonkey said:

actually you only need sli 580 if you are running the game at 2500x???? one 580will more than excell at1920x1080
m
l
November 14, 2011 7:21:41 AM

@tailpipe
ill bet you love getting it there
m
l
November 14, 2011 7:24:20 AM

13thmonkey said:

sry to respond again but i havesli 570's and 2500k. 100 or a lil better fps max 70 min at 1920x1080
m
l
November 14, 2011 7:25:22 AM

tjosborne said:
@tailpipe
ill bet you love getting it there

he's got a 460, he ain't getting it there...
m
l
November 14, 2011 7:26:40 AM

tjosborne said:
sry to respond again but i havesli 570's and 2500k. 100 or a lil better fps max 70 min at 1920x1080

thats the only info I had, and no-one else was contributing.
m
l
November 15, 2011 10:32:23 AM

13thmonkey said:
thats the only info I had, and no-one else was contributing.

Finally some1's got my back on how BFBC3 sucks...I think it teases the gamers so much before it launch and makes a 1 hell of a publicity.
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:06:25 AM

tailpipe said:
Finally some1's got my back on how BFBC3 sucks...I think it teases the gamers so much before it launch and makes a 1 hell of a publicity. On the story side it also sucks it doesnt connect with the previous sequel. Correct me if Im wrong...

Its just called Battlefield 3 not Battlefield Bad company 3 ;) 

BF3 is not related in any way to the Bad Company games if thats what your asking. BF3 follows on from BF2.

Bad company is still Battlefield but its a seperate series, a bit like Modern warfare and Black ops, both are Call of Duty games but are seperate series.

And yeah your right BF3 was over hyped to hell.
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:10:49 AM

PCgamer81 said:

Crysis is harder.

Ey is these true? When Im playing Crysis2 with fraps Im getting 45-52 fps, while BFBC3 im getting 42 or 45 depending on the load ( I mean intense sequence) Im having as low as 23. By the way on crysis2 Im running my gtx460 hawk talon on default while on BFBC3 I overclocked it to 850 MHz ( default 811). Thanks
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:18:37 AM

tailpipe said:
Finally some1's got my back on how BFBC3 sucks...I think it teases the gamers so much before it launch and makes a 1 hell of a publicity.

Gothams Finest said:
Its just called Battlefield 3 not Battlefield Bad company 3 ;) 

BF3 is not related in any way to the Bad Company games if thats what your asking. BF3 follows on from BF2.

Bad company is still Battlefield but its a seperate series, a bit like Modern warfare and Black ops, both are Call of Duty games but are seperate series.

And yeah your right BF3 was over hyped to hell.

Am I right on saying that you said bf3 follows bf2? If that so whats the connection of the story bout the nuke and the so called EMP. The only thing it matches the shape of the nuke and the EMP..lol..
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:29:07 AM

Yes you are correct. I said BF3 follows on from BF2.

I have no idea about the connection of the story for you or if there evan is one.

I was correcting you about you calling it Battlefield Bad Company 3 which it is not, it is just Battlefield 3. Bad company is a "spin off" series of Battlefield.

You also asked why the story of Battlefield 3 did not carry on from Bad company 2 and as I explained earlier Bad Company is a spin off but I can see you have edited that post and deleted the question.
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:34:13 AM

tailpipe said:

thats not what I was saying, I was commenting to the person who was commenting on my sli580 comment.

comparing engines as you are trying to is pointless, i can get 150fps on halflife, does that make it a better engine, no.

BF3 is what it is, crysis is what it is. your card is not good enough for 1080P with lots of eye candy. The PUBLIC beta would have given a good idea as to whether you can play it, as would the reviews, especially the one on toms as it was quite detailed.
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:35:45 AM

13thmonkey said:
comparing engines as you are trying to is pointless, i can get 150fps on halflife, does that make it a better engine, no.

BF3 is what it is, crysis is what it is. your card is not good enough for 1080P with lots of eye candy. The PUBLIC beta would have given a good idea as to whether you can play it, as would the reviews, especially the one on toms as it was quite detailed.

+1 Agreed
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:36:05 AM

Gothams Finest said:
Your are correct. I said BF3 follows on from BF2, not necessarily in story though.

I have no idea about the connection of the story for you or if there evan is one.

I was correcting you about you calling it Battlefield Bad Company 3 which it is not, it is just Battlefield 3. Bad company is a "spin off" series of Battlefield.

You also asked why the story of Battlefield 3 did not carry on from Bad company 2 and as I explained earlier Bad Company is a spin off but I can see you have edited that post and deleted the question.

There is no story in BF2, just multiplayer goodness. They should have left it that way with BF3. The only single player element in BF2, was the beach level with Bots.
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:38:53 AM

Gothams Finest said:
Your are correct. I did say BF3 follows on from BF2, not necessarily in story though.

Well if its a side story It aint good...bf2 is more like an exagerated fiction bout world war 3, while bf3 is more like a mature movie of Tom Clancy's preventing war. Thumbs down to bf3...I hope mw3 good.
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:40:56 AM

tailpipe said:
Well if its a side story It aint good...bf2 is more like an exagerated fiction bout world war 3, while bf3 is more like a mature movie of Tom Clancy's preventing war. Thumbs down to bf3...I hope mw3 good.

:heink:  Are you on crack?
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:54:36 AM

fiction tends to be exaggerated thats one of the reasons its not fact.
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:59:31 AM

Gothams Finest said:

Probably he isn't. I think he was trying to say he had higher hopes for the MW3 single player campaign story to be better than that of BF3. It seemed that BF3 single player story was hastily put together, not much to remember, that game's real shine comes from multiplayer.
m
l
November 15, 2011 12:00:21 PM

Gothams Finest said:

Im talking bout the realism of the game as they said bout the bf3 as the shifting of the game to the previous exage genre...Thats it...
m
l
November 15, 2011 12:07:03 PM

Eldd said:
Probably he isn't. I think he was trying to say he had higher hopes for the MW3 single player campaign story to be better than that of BF3. It seemed that BF3 single player story was hastily put together, not much to remember, that game's real shine comes from multiplayer.

Yeah! Im sober. lol...That guy is an o.c. on every detail people says. He needs a shrink bout the Obsessive Compulsive. Its serious man....
m
l
November 15, 2011 12:07:34 PM

tailpipe said:
Im talking bout the realism of the game as they said bout the bf3 as the shifting of the game to the previous exage genre...That it...

Do you want to finish that sentence?

BF3 from a visual perspective looks very realistic in my opinion. From what I understand of the weapons etc. they also seem to be quite realistic. this compares to the comparatively poor visuals on MW3, and from what i'm hearing oddly overpowered guns (but i'm sure they'll be an update etc.) This is all related to the Multiplayer elements of the game. I do not play single player shooters, thats what stalker and others are for in my opinion, not the heavily scripted tripe that makes up the SP versions of these games.
m
l
November 15, 2011 12:19:33 PM

tailpipe said:
Yeah! Im sober. lol...That guy is an o.c. on every detail people says. He needs a shrink bout the Obsessive Compulsive. Its serious man....

No, not on every detail people say, just the incorrect details that you say. You seem to very misinformed, and you also seem to have trouble putting a sentence together that makes sense.
m
l
November 15, 2011 12:32:13 PM

tailpipe said:

Dude, no offense, but...

What do you expect? Step back and meditate on some of your incoherent blatherings and you will soon see why.

And for the record, BF3 tromps MW3 in every single facet of graphics and gameplay, and it's not even close.
m
l
November 15, 2011 12:37:07 PM

13thmonkey said:
Do you want to finish that sentence?

BF3 from a visual perspective looks very realistic in my opinion. From what I understand of the weapons etc. they also seem to be quite realistic. this compares to the comparatively poor visuals on MW3, and from what i'm hearing oddly overpowered guns (but i'm sure they'll be an update etc.) This is all related to the Multiplayer elements of the game. I do not play single player shooters, thats what stalker and others are for in my opinion, not the heavily scripted tripe that makes up the SP versions of these games.

I played a lot of single played shooter. But, doesnt make me a stalker.lol. What do you think bout those gamers who played single player on console? Does it make them serious stalker that should be apprehended...Im stating that gamers puts high hopes to bf3 whole package I mean all graphics, story and gameplay. Later I was telling bout the exage fiction outline the story to a realistic or so called sensitive one thats why I compare it to Tom Clancy's stories and some guy was so damn freakin o.c. bout the title stating bout a spin of like call of duty.Hes right bout that. mw1 to 3 has related stories.Even though its a spin of. What happen to battlefield2 and 3?
m
l
November 15, 2011 12:55:51 PM

tailpipe said:
I played a lot of single played shooter. But, doesnt make me a stalker.lol. What do you think bout those gamers who played single player on console? Does it make them serious stalker that should be apprehended...Im stating that gamers puts high hopes to bf3 whole package I mean all graphics, story and gameplay. Later I was telling bout the exage fiction outline the story to a realistic or so called sensitive one thats why I compare it to Tom Clancy's stories and some guy was so damn freakin o.c. bout the title stating bout a spin of like call of duty.Hes right bout that. mw1 to 3 has related stories.Even though its a spin of. What happen to battlefield2 and 3?

He isn't calling you a stalker. Stalker is a game.

You are the most simple-minded, dumbest, laughable, mentally retarded imbecilic that I have ever seen on this forum.

You sure your not on crack?
m
l
November 15, 2011 1:00:31 PM

as they on the telly, i'm out.
m
l
November 15, 2011 1:01:50 PM

13thmonkey said:
as they on the telly, i'm out.

I don't blame you.

The guy seems nice, enough. I just can't make heads or tails out of what he is saying.
m
l
November 15, 2011 1:04:05 PM

tailpipe said:
I played a lot of single played shooter. But, doesnt make me a stalker.lol. What do you think bout those gamers who played single player on console? Does it make them serious stalker that should be apprehended...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
m
l
November 15, 2011 1:18:48 PM

I'm thinking this guy is some kind of brilliant comedian, and he is coming across as a dolt for his own amusement. I mean, he just said too many wrong things.

I mean, no one can be that dumb.

I have to have more faith in humanity, I have to believe this guy is a troll. :( 
m
l
November 15, 2011 1:25:41 PM

PCgamer81 said:
I'm thinking this guy is some kind of brilliant comedian, and he is coming across as a dolt for his own amusement. I mean, he just said too many wrong things.

I mean, no one can be that dumb.

I have to have more faith in humanity, I have to believe this guy is a troll. :( 

I was wondering the same thing.
m
l
November 15, 2011 1:36:18 PM

Gothams Finest said:
I was wondering the same thing.

Yeah, the Bad Company 3 thing was dumb, but the stalker bit really set me to wondering.

Coupled with his sentence structuring and...

Yeah, a troll. Gotta be.
m
l
November 15, 2011 1:46:37 PM

I think i got trolled hard a few weeks ago by some tard talking about frequencies and using all four channels of ram separately. I'm also thinking this is a troll.
m
l
November 15, 2011 2:10:12 PM

PCgamer81 said:
Yeah, the Bad Company 3 thing was dumb, but the stalker bit really set me to wondering.

Coupled with his sentence structuring and...

Yeah, a troll. Gotta be.

Good for you that you trust humankind that much... As someone once said, there are two things found in infinite quantities in the universe, one is hydrogen, the other is, well, I am sure you will know what the other is :) 
m
l
November 15, 2011 2:27:49 PM

Eldd said:
Good for you that you trust humankind that much... As someone once said, there are two things found in infinite quantities in the universe, one is hydrogen, the other is, well, I am sure you will know what the other is :) 

Eldd, If your going to say a quote to try and sound smart, at least get the quote right.
m
l
November 15, 2011 2:31:20 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Eldd, If your going to say a quote to try and sound smart, at least get the quote right.

If you can't get it, you may as well forget about it.
m
l
November 15, 2011 2:37:38 PM

Eldd said:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

I googled what you said and came up with that - is that what you're referring to?

It's a good quote, heard it many times.
m
l
November 15, 2011 2:38:48 PM

PCgamer81 said:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

I googled what you said and came up with that - is that what you referring to?

Yeah, that's the one, I got it mixed up a little, but that's the one. And maybe trolls, maybe they're infinite too.
m
l
November 15, 2011 2:49:58 PM

PCgamer81 said:

One of many very good quotes by a very clever man (Einstein)
m
l
!