I can't for the life of me figure out how to schedule programs like ad-aware,
spysubtract and etc. to run using the task scheduler. I can set up the
times and everything fine but then all it does if make the program pop-up.
How do i get it to actually scan since im trying to set it to do these in the
middle of the night? I couldnt get defragmentor to auto-run but i got it
now. but i cant make other pograms like it scan . disk cleanup for example.

You need to enter the correct command line, including all required
arguments. Otherwise, all you're doing is opening the program.

Ted Zieglar

"McLrn227" <McLrn227@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't for the life of me figure out how to schedule programs like
>ad-aware,
> spysubtract and etc. to run using the task scheduler. I can set up the
> times and everything fine but then all it does if make the program pop-up.
> How do i get it to actually scan since im trying to set it to do these in
> the
> middle of the night? I couldnt get defragmentor to auto-run but i got it
> now. but i cant make other pograms like it scan . disk cleanup for
> example.

Lavasoft Ad-Aware Professional Edition supports Scheduling

Lavasoft -> Command Line Parameters:
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=40663

To know the list of commands, type "Adaware /?" from the directory where Ad-Aware is installed.

Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/automate.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"McLrn227" <McLrn227@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46F881F0-C67A-4C30-A303-A1C6A8E410D7@microsoft.com...
I can't for the life of me figure out how to schedule programs like ad-aware,
spysubtract and etc. to run using the task scheduler. I can set up the
times and everything fine but then all it does if make the program pop-up.
How do i get it to actually scan since im trying to set it to do these in the
middle of the night? I couldnt get defragmentor to auto-run but i got it
now. but i cant make other pograms like it scan . disk cleanup for example.

my run command line for adaware is:
C:\PROGRA~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\Ad-Aware.exe /full but it still just starts
up, no action after that. and the one i really wanted to get working is
spysubtract too though

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Lavasoft Ad-Aware Professional Edition supports Scheduling
>
> Lavasoft -> Command Line Parameters:
> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=40663
>
> To know the list of commands, type "Adaware /?" from the directory where Ad-Aware is installed.
>
> Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/automate.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "McLrn227" <McLrn227@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46F881F0-C67A-4C30-A303-A1C6A8E410D7@microsoft.com...
> I can't for the life of me figure out how to schedule programs like ad-aware,
> spysubtract and etc. to run using the task scheduler. I can set up the
> times and everything fine but then all it does if make the program pop-up.
> How do i get it to actually scan since im trying to set it to do these in the
> middle of the night? I couldnt get defragmentor to auto-run but i got it
> now. but i cant make other pograms like it scan . disk cleanup for example.

"/Full" parameter requires Ad-Aware Plus or higher (Professional Edition)

For SpySubtract, check their knowledgebase: Answers (Page 1 of 16):
http://adsubtract.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/adsubtract.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp..php

Keyword: "schedule" returns two results.
http://adsubtract.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/adsubtract.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp..php?p_sid=cEoziErh&p_lva=&p_faqid=351&p_created=1058544826&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTImcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1zY2hlZHVsZSZwX3Byb2RfbHZsMT1_YW55fiZwX3Byb2RfbHZsMj1_YW55fiZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Lavasoft Ad-Aware Professional Edition supports Scheduling
>
> Lavasoft -> Command Line Parameters:
> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=40663
>
> To know the list of commands, type "Adaware /?" from the directory where Ad-Aware is installed.
>
> Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/automate.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "McLrn227" <McLrn227@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46F881F0-C67A-4C30-A303-A1C6A8E410D7@microsoft.com...
> I can't for the life of me figure out how to schedule programs like ad-aware,
> spysubtract and etc. to run using the task scheduler. I can set up the
> times and everything fine but then all it does if make the program pop-up.
> How do i get it to actually scan since im trying to set it to do these in the
> middle of the night? I couldnt get defragmentor to auto-run but i got it
> now. but i cant make other pograms like it scan . disk cleanup for example.

TRENDING THREADS