Sign in with
Your question

Battlefield3

Last response: in Video Games
November 8, 2011 3:59:25 PM

new to the thread,upon launching game starts real good but when he gets on the train,everything starts to get real slow and shakey cant control anything,please help.

More about : battlefield3

November 8, 2011 4:55:04 PM

Hi
Check your computer at least matches min system requirements. update your graphic card drivers. run windows update. update directx and reboot your router. when trying to play game close unnecessary applications down also you would need to be hardwired with a cable to your router, so no wireless.
i think you might be experiencing lag.

AL
November 10, 2011 2:43:39 PM

al147 said:
Hi
Check your computer at least matches min system requirements. update your graphic card drivers. run windows update. update directx and reboot your router. when trying to play game close unnecessary applications down also you would need to be hardwired with a cable to your router, so no wireless.
i think you might be experiencing lag.

AL

Al,thanks I did all you said but still lags,jerky sound is also bad.I hope I did'nt waste 60 bucks.I have a hp pavilion meadia center m8300 pc,amd athlon 64x2 duel-core,pc performance 3072mb memory,up greated nvidia gforce 6150 se graphics,vista home premium,and i am on century link dsl,i hope this helped,also thanks again for the help.
Related resources
November 10, 2011 2:57:02 PM

HI.
2 things.
1. is your graphic onboard ie is it part of your motherboard or a seperate graphic card?
if onboard it will not run very many demanding games such as bf3

2. whatever your garphic are its only directx 9. bf3 only supports directx 10 and 11
so you need a graphic card that supports directx 10 or 11.

AL
November 10, 2011 10:01:12 PM

Al,I have direct11 installed,seperate graphic card.
November 10, 2011 10:07:16 PM

Al,I have directx11 installed,seperate graphic card.
November 11, 2011 9:51:25 AM

HI Bill

1.what graphic card do you have?

2.what wattage is you power supply?

windows also has a program call windows memory diagnostic. i would run this to check your memory

this is also a useful little page to calulate if you psu is capable of running your rig. your graphic card not getting enough juice to run the game right.

http://support.asus.com/powersupply.aspx

you could also try loading into the game, at the deploy screen hit the escape button. option. video. and try lowering the video setting. mine is set to auto but a friend of my had a bit of success it setting it to medium. if you mess it it up just set it back to auto again.

Hang in there Bill, bf3 is a fantastic game and when you get sorted out your really gonna enjoy it!!!
November 11, 2011 10:38:53 AM

going by the specs listed on the site your pc isnt really entry level if you dont have a dedicated gfx card. even if you do but it was bought from hp it will only be a maximum of an 8500gt which is below recommended requirements for most games.

you will need a better gfx card. maybe an 88 or 98gt if you have a 450w psu...
if you dont then you need to spend some cash to get your pc up to minimum recomended requirments. any less than that will make most games unplayable.
November 14, 2011 9:47:30 PM

al147 said:
HI Bill

1.what graphic card do you have?

2.what wattage is you power supply?

windows also has a program call windows memory diagnostic. i would run this to check your memory

this is also a useful little page to calulate if you psu is capable of running your rig. your graphic card not getting enough juice to run the game right.

http://support.asus.com/powersupply.aspx

you could also try loading into the game, at the deploy screen hit the escape button. option. video. and try lowering the video setting. mine is set to auto but a friend of my had a bit of success it setting it to medium. if you mess it it up just set it back to auto again.

Hang in there Bill, bf3 is a fantastic game and when you get sorted out your really gonna enjoy it!!!

nvidia 8400gs.power supply is 450 watts,I am going to upgrade graphics as soon as I get more money about dec 6.Thanks for the help ,will contact when this happens.
November 14, 2011 9:52:18 PM

HEXiT said:
going by the specs listed on the site your pc isnt really entry level if you dont have a dedicated gfx card. even if you do but it was bought from hp it will only be a maximum of an 8500gt which is below recommended requirements for most games.

you will need a better gfx card. maybe an 88 or 98gt if you have a 450w psu...
if you dont then you need to spend some cash to get your pc up to minimum recomended requirments. any less than that will make most games unplayable.

Thanks for the help HEXIT am going to upgrade very soon, wil contact you when this happens,again thanks.
November 25, 2011 1:02:32 AM

Yes,I haved recieved very good advice,am wainting on my computer guy to upgrade.
!