EQ2: parts dropping off mobs

I have picked up quite a few pieces of mobs which are labelled as lore and
listed as "study these to learn more about xxxx"
What purpose do they serve?

thanks

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:11:27 +1100, "Pamela Carlton"
<lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote:

>I have picked up quite a few pieces of mobs which are labelled as lore and
>listed as "study these to learn more about xxxx"
>What purpose do they serve?
>
>thanks

Gnoll Mastery, Goblin Mastery, Skeleton Mastery...

Find the books, read 'em, study the bits, and you apparently gain
extra attack bonuses against those particular critters.

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Ken Andrews wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:11:27 +1100, "Pamela Carlton"
> <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote:
>
> >I have picked up quite a few pieces of mobs which are labelled as lore and
> >listed as "study these to learn more about xxxx"
> >What purpose do they serve?
> >
> >thanks
>
> Gnoll Mastery, Goblin Mastery, Skeleton Mastery...
>
> Find the books, read 'em, study the bits, and you apparently gain
> extra attack bonuses against those particular critters.

Heh, actually, it was that way in Beta, but they changed it a bit. You
still find a book, but they are somewhat hard to get to in some cases, and
can no longer be bought.

More significantly, though, the reward isn't any attack bonuses or
whatnot, but instead a book and trophy for your house. For example, I have
a halberd from the Gnoll one that hangs on my wall in Qeynos.

The gnoll and orc books are easy to get to. Higher than this you have to
start going into places like Stormhold, Enchanted Isle, etc etc.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
[20 Iksar Templar] Viizanafyaeth
[6 High Elf Fighter] Foxeye

On Order (Horizons):
[10 Monk/Druid Saris] Foxeye

"Ken Andrews" <gobble@degook.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:11:27 +1100, "Pamela Carlton"
> <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote:
>
> >I have picked up quite a few pieces of mobs which are labelled as lore
and
> >listed as "study these to learn more about xxxx"
> >What purpose do they serve?
> >
> >thanks
>
> Gnoll Mastery, Goblin Mastery, Skeleton Mastery...
>
> Find the books, read 'em, study the bits, and you apparently gain
> extra attack bonuses against those particular critters.

Is there a goblin book on the Isle of Refuge (I almost typed Refuse!)?

We seem to be able to collect plenty of goblin parts - I don't want a
location, happy enough to go a hunting myself for it.