Nero Causing crash

Ever since I installed the service pack 2, when ever I do a burn with nero,
it finnishes the burn then I get the dreaded blue screen and have to restart
the computer. I have tried reinstalling different versions of nero and the
results are all the same.

Anyone else experience this problem!

P-4
3.2
1 gig memory

Is your version of Nero compatible with SP 2?

Ted Zieglar

"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ever since I installed the service pack 2, when ever I do a burn with
> nero,
> it finnishes the burn then I get the dreaded blue screen and have to
> restart
> the computer. I have tried reinstalling different versions of nero and the
> results are all the same.
>
> Anyone else experience this problem!
>
> P-4
> 3.2
> 1 gig memory

Yes I was using Nero 6.6.0.1 and also tried 6.3.20 I also might add I can
use other burners on my system and it won't crash. Just with Nero. I hate to
give Nero up since it has been usefull in the past.

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> Is your version of Nero compatible with SP 2?
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ever since I installed the service pack 2, when ever I do a burn with
> > nero,
> > it finnishes the burn then I get the dreaded blue screen and have to
> > restart
> > the computer. I have tried reinstalling different versions of nero and the
> > results are all the same.
> >
> > Anyone else experience this problem!
> >
> > P-4
> > 3.2
> > 1 gig memory

I reverted back to version 5.5.9.9 or whatever.. Nero 6 would not play ball,
and I hated the interface with a passion..

"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Ever since I installed the service pack 2, when ever I do a burn with
> nero,
> it finnishes the burn then I get the dreaded blue screen and have to
> restart
> the computer. I have tried reinstalling different versions of nero and the
> results are all the same.
[-]
Since you wrote in your other posting you've got more than one burner -
this may be the cause of your problems.

IMHO you'd see whether there's a firmware update for your RW drive
first, though. If that doesn't help I'd just make a decision and either
get rid of Nero or get rid of the rest. Unfortunately a clean uninstall
may be harder than it sounds as often one ends up with files and
registry entries that aren't supposed to be there afterwards anymore.

Nero's working fine here by the way, but getting rid of a few pre-installed
burners *was* a pain in the ... 8-/

Cheers,
Juergen