BF3 Windows Issues

hardhedd_313

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
When I try to install Battlefield 3 it says I need to update my OS, but it is up to date Windows 7, anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I have been online with EA help 4x, they cant seem to fix it or tell me whats wrong. I meet all the specs for the game, have update all my drivers etc.......... :fou:
Also I ran the Alpha version of the game on this pc so I am at a lose to think of whats wrong? Could a bad registry cause Origins to think my Windows is an older non supported version???

TyphX

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010

what service pack do you have? and what build? (home, home premium, etc)

also, what error message pops up? does it state your windows version? (ie. windows NT 6.1 build 7600)

hardhedd_313

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
I have Windows 7 Home Premuim with Service Pack 1

The error is displayed on the Origins screen (EAs downloader/installer/game manager), it just says "You need to update your OS" doesnt give any specific details or error codes. I am not at home so I cant give you the error word for word, but could later after work if needed? Just says before I can install the game I have to update my OS, does not state my version and/or what I need to update too.

TyphX

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010

sure, if you could get the exact error later. but right now you could try simply setting origin to run on compatibility mode for windows vista sp3.

hardhedd_313

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
it says "DOWNLOADER ERROR This game requires an updated version of Windows to install. Please refer to the minimum system requirements and update your OS before installing this game."
I am at best a novice pc user, how or where are the setting on Origins to make it run on compatibility with Windows Vista SP3?

TyphX

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010

no problem, it's simple, just right click on the origin icon and go into properties. then go into the compatibility tab and check the box that says "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select windows vista sp2. (sorry, i forgot there isn't a sp3 for vista. FACEPALM :D) try running battlefield 3 then. if that doesn't work, try the same thing with the battlefield 3 icon itself.

hardhedd_313

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
DUDE!!! its working, or at least its installing!!!! If I wasnt straight ID kiss you!!!
I actually built this pc JUST for this game....I cant believe thats all there was too it.
(insert 4 letter bad words) 4 freaking EA tech dudes couldnt solve this!!!!
AHHHH I am so HAPPY seriously THANKS, I owe you one. U play BF3 or COD3???
Whatever I can do to repay you let me know!!1 thanks gonna go watch it install...yes I am that anxious to play =D

TyphX

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010

:D np, np. I play bf3, unfortunately , i'm having issues of my own with some drivers/other software that's stopping me from being able to play the game.

yeah, the EA "tech dudes" are usually just people sitting at a desk with a fill-out form for problems in front of them that leads to an automated response message.

well, i don't really need anything, i'm just trying to get directx to work, but no problem, glad to help :D

xDiaminer

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

OMG!! Thankyou sooo much!! ive been having trouble with this for over 2 months now, no one at ea could help me, and no other forum could either! ea should hire u to fix all their problems!! :DD THANKYOU!!!!!!!