Old pc game (Star Trek New Worlds)

plokert

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I realize that this game is "chinsy" but I like playing it and need some help.

On my old (single core) comp I could install it and play it all the time. Occasional issues would pop up but I figured out how to fix them.
I now have a dual core comp and will be upgrading to quad in a few days.

I have searched the www and I think I've tried everything but I cannot get Star Trek New Worlds to play on this dual core comp of mine.

I tried the "set Affinity" thing in task mgr and I've tried all combinations of compatibility.

Other than getting an old single core again, Is there any way of getting this game to run on a dual and/or quad core?

I will provide any info here, if needed, on mobo, etc... just ask :)

plokert

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I currently have:

Amd Athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual core 4400+ 2.30GHz

Windows 7 Ultimate

And thanks Hawkeye for your input. Don't think that will help me with win 7 but I'll try.

plokert

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Okay... I tried the BCedit and to no avail. I'm beginning to think that, since the game is "buggy" anyway, it's a program issue with the game itself. It installs great and even plays all the intros. I can select a level to play and set the resolution. Hit play and ..... runtime error always.
Anyone have an old comp they don't need? lol

plokert

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Well... been try'n the V-box. Read up on everything and tried all the various settings. I even set the affinity of "V-box" to 1 cpu (just for s'''ts and giggles).
nothing... I ain't given up though. There's a solution out there even if I have to rewrite the game myself. lol

However... If anyone has any other ideas on this feel free to let me know. thanks