Unwanted background

Hi

Windows XP pro

I have an unwated advert on my desktop. I can't get rid
of it. It has been installed when I tried to intall SP2.
When I right click somewhere on the desktop to get to the
Properties of my screen saver, it get the properties of
that picture on my desktop.

I ran all AV software.

How can I get rid of it please ?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about unwanted background

    Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition
    www.lavasoftusa.com

    Protect Your PC
    www.microsoft.com/protect

    Ted Zieglar

    <chv@anon.postalias> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Windows XP pro
    >
    > I have an unwated advert on my desktop. I can't get rid
    > of it. It has been installed when I tried to intall SP2.
    > When I right click somewhere on the desktop to get to the
    > Properties of my screen saver, it get the properties of
    > that picture on my desktop.
    >
    > I ran all AV software.
    >
    > How can I get rid of it please ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi

    Have you tried all these programs:

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    Also see the following links:

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    <chv@anon.postalias> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Windows XP pro
    >
    > I have an unwated advert on my desktop. I can't get rid
    > of it. It has been installed when I tried to intall SP2.
    > When I right click somewhere on the desktop to get to the
    > Properties of my screen saver, it get the properties of
    > that picture on my desktop.
    >
    > I ran all AV software.
    >
    > How can I get rid of it please ?
    >
    > Thanks