Select program prompt not appearing

I am running XP with SP2. Whenever a CD is inserted the select program
to use with CD window is not appearing. The CD content is read and a
file explorer window appears. I want to restore the prompt to choose a
program. How can I do this. I have spent ages trawling through the
forum and MS KB without success.

--
dabtec

Open MY COMPUTER, then right-click on your CD Drive
and select Properties > AutoPlay and place a dot next to
"Prompt me each time to choose an action", then click Apply.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!