When i receive an e-mail with a link to another site i cannot access it,

G

Windows 7 user, been working fine but yesterday when receiving an e-mail with a link i cannot access the link , get a warning saying the link cannot be accessed due to restrictions on my computer ?? any ideas what i have done ..Tony

Jimmy22

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
e-mail via which server, i mean is it outlook or some other e-mail client, or is it a webmail?

If you are getting an error like that, i am assuming it is outlook or similar. Does it mention and administrator problems. If you have the exact error message/code that would help. Have you made any changes to your PC recently (since this started happening) installations of software etc?

Edit: Google Chrome can cause this issue.

noble

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
Windows 7 user, been working fine but yesterday when receiving an e-mail with a link i cannot access the link , get a warning saying the link cannot be accessed due to restrictions on my computer ?? any ideas what i have done ..Tony

Usually, e-mail clients such as outlook or web mail clients such as hotmail allow you to enable content or show pictures and other stuff considered to be potentially unsafe. Usually this type of functionality is displayed on top of the e-mail message itself. I suggest you try and see if you can find if you can do that on your client. Hope this helps...

TRENDING THREADS