Windows XP & SP2

Tags:
  • Windows XP
November 30, 2004 10:55:03 AM

After installing SP2 I can no longer run MS Office products by clicking on
the file name. Example: If I am in Windows Explorer and try to click on a
Excel file I get the error message "Feature ID not registered". Same with
Word and others. I can start the program, i.e. Excel, and open the file as
normal.

I have been unable to find any reference to this on the MS support site.

Any ideas would help.

Many Thanks

More about : windows sp2

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 12:35:49 AM

Reparing Office installation might help:

Repairing Office 2003 Installations (Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit):
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/office...

How to install or repair individual features of Office 2000:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

!