Windows XP & SP2

After installing SP2 I can no longer run MS Office products by clicking on
the file name. Example: If I am in Windows Explorer and try to click on a
Excel file I get the error message "Feature ID not registered". Same with
Word and others. I can start the program, i.e. Excel, and open the file as
normal.

I have been unable to find any reference to this on the MS support site.

Any ideas would help.

Many Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows

    Reparing Office installation might help:

    Repairing Office 2003 Installations (Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit):
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/office/2003/all/reskit/en-us/mntb01.mspx

    How to install or repair individual features of Office 2000:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "DRH" <DRH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAA5DA8D-50A0-4CEA-920F-BFE4E5608DFF@microsoft.com...
    After installing SP2 I can no longer run MS Office products by clicking on
    the file name. Example: If I am in Windows Explorer and try to click on a
    Excel file I get the error message "Feature ID not registered". Same with
    Word and others. I can start the program, i.e. Excel, and open the file as
    normal.

    I have been unable to find any reference to this on the MS support site.

    Any ideas would help.

    Many Thanks

Windows XP