Removal of unwanted IE logo

November 30, 2004 7:32:36 PM

I recently re-installed the dialler software from Tesco.net, which I use as
a dial-up backup to broadband, and of course it sets about branding IE and
OE. I have managed to remove all of the rubbish with the exception of the
rather annoying animated logo in the top right hand corner. I would like to
restore this to the default (animated flag?) . Could some kind soul point
me in the right direction. Is there a script or other small utility that
will remove branding and restore the logo easily? Other than that I presume
it will be a registry deletion/alteration.

Many thanks in advance.
--
§meagol

More about : removal unwanted logo

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 1:15:11 AM

§meagol,

Remove the ISP branding for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/ispunbrand.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"§meagol" <smeagol@gollum.com> wrote in message news:313lq9F34coulU1@uni-berlin.de...
I recently re-installed the dialler software from Tesco.net, which I use as
a dial-up backup to broadband, and of course it sets about branding IE and
OE. I have managed to remove all of the rubbish with the exception of the
rather annoying animated logo in the top right hand corner. I would like to
restore this to the default (animated flag?) . Could some kind soul point
me in the right direction. Is there a script or other small utility that
will remove branding and restore the logo easily? Other than that I presume
it will be a registry deletion/alteration.

Many thanks in advance.
--
§meagol
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 1:15:12 AM

§meagol,

Remove the ISP branding for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/ispunbrand.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User