Sign in with
Your question

Idiocy in a time of local budget restraints

Last response: in News & Leisure
January 9, 2012 12:28:32 PM

I can't believe a DA would take this up. There is no way. Well, who knows these days. The world is upside down.
January 9, 2012 1:08:59 PM

Fools do some critical thinking.

The police need charges before they can claim benefits or get insurance money.

When the suspect kills himself its not like the assault on officers didn't happen.
Related resources
January 9, 2012 1:36:03 PM

wanamingo said:
Fools do some critical thinking.

The police need charges before they can claim benefits or get insurance money.

When the suspect kills himself its not like the assault on officers didn't happen.

I would think a sworn police report by all involved officers would be sufficient for the insurance or benefits provider.
January 9, 2012 8:41:07 PM

Remember, some want enemy combatants to be charged as well.

We obviously need more lawyers
January 10, 2012 11:46:46 AM

Considering section 8 of the constitution gives congress the power to declare war and considering congress never voted on whether or not to initiate a war.....

A lot of human rights activists want charges brought up on enemy combatants otherwise its an illegal invasion.

But no one wants to talk about that.
January 10, 2012 11:58:26 AM

I with you on that mingo. Congress approved "military action" under Bush. They even did it twice becuase it didn't get enough press the first time.

I think we should call a spade a spade and declare all out war by all means on any country who harbors, helps, funds, trains, or cheers terrorists. Bring the f'ing wrath of god down on them. I'm talking WWII type of war, not this namby pamby crap we've been doing.

It won't be pretty, war never is. But, at least it might actually end.
January 11, 2012 6:12:32 AM

That was really one of the problems with the Iraq war. We tried to do it on the cheap. Worked really well, didn't it.

Although (or perhaps because of) I am retired US Army, I was never in favor of the invasion of Iraq.

But if we are going to, "Go big, or stay home".
January 11, 2012 6:40:36 AM

Notify the church to tell the pope to contact god so that man's spirit can be put in limbo instead of going to heaven, until the sentence hand down by the court is served.
January 12, 2012 6:27:32 PM

lol ^ good one
!