Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

LG VX6100 - any way to disable roaming?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 5:08:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Just got a pair of VX6100 phones. Is there any way to set the phone not
to roam or to at least provide a stern warning before doing anything
"expensive"?

More about : vx6100 disable roaming

Anonymous
December 11, 2004 10:09:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I think if you set the "System" to "Home Area" only it will only go after VZ
towers. Better check me on this. Jerry

"Mark P" <not@my.real.email> wrote in message
news:cpegv21sgu@enews3.newsguy.com...
> Just got a pair of VX6100 phones. Is there any way to set the phone not
> to roam or to at least provide a stern warning before doing anything
> "expensive"?
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 6:21:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Correct


"Gerald Riggs" <cny73676@centurytel.net> wrote in message
news:yO-dnYap8KsOkCbcRVn-qQ@centurytel.net...
>I think if you set the "System" to "Home Area" only it will only go after
>VZ towers. Better check me on this. Jerry
>
> "Mark P" <not@my.real.email> wrote in message
> news:cpegv21sgu@enews3.newsguy.com...
>> Just got a pair of VX6100 phones. Is there any way to set the phone not
>> to roam or to at least provide a stern warning before doing anything
>> "expensive"?
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 6:26:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Ahhhh but ... you could be outside of your home area and still make a call
handled by a Verizon tower which would ring up roaming charges, no?

Rod Golding wrote:
> Correct
>
>
> "Gerald Riggs" <cny73676@centurytel.net> wrote in message
> news:yO-dnYap8KsOkCbcRVn-qQ@centurytel.net...
>> I think if you set the "System" to "Home Area" only it will only
>> go after VZ towers. Better check me on this. Jerry
>>
>> "Mark P" <not@my.real.email> wrote in message
>> news:cpegv21sgu@enews3.newsguy.com...
>>> Just got a pair of VX6100 phones. Is there any way to set the
>>> phone not to roam or to at least provide a stern warning before
>>> doing anything "expensive"?
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 6:26:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:26:52 GMT, "Philip"
<1chip-state1@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Ahhhh but ... you could be outside of your home area and still make a call
>handled by a Verizon tower which would ring up roaming charges, no?

It all depends on what plan you're on.

Dave
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 6:26:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Depends on the plan... If local then maybe, if national, then probably
not... (how's that for tap dancing and a non answer? :) 

Philip wrote:
> Ahhhh but ... you could be outside of your home area and still make a
> call handled by a Verizon tower which would ring up roaming charges,
> no?
>
> Rod Golding wrote:
>> Correct
>>
>>
>> "Gerald Riggs" <cny73676@centurytel.net> wrote in message
>> news:yO-dnYap8KsOkCbcRVn-qQ@centurytel.net...
>>> I think if you set the "System" to "Home Area" only it will only
>>> go after VZ towers. Better check me on this. Jerry
>>>
>>> "Mark P" <not@my.real.email> wrote in message
>>> news:cpegv21sgu@enews3.newsguy.com...
>>>> Just got a pair of VX6100 phones. Is there any way to set the
>>>> phone not to roam or to at least provide a stern warning before
>>>> doing anything "expensive"?
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 6:26:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Diamond Dave wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:26:52 GMT, "Philip"
> <1chip-state1@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>
>>Ahhhh but ... you could be outside of your home area and still make a call
>>handled by a Verizon tower which would ring up roaming charges, no?
>
>
> It all depends on what plan you're on.
>
> Dave
>

I'm on the national plan. Looking at the system menu, my choices are:

Home Only
Auto A
Auto B (currently set)

What do these mean?
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 11:55:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Yes but wouldn't your PRL would be different if a local plan I think and
show up as roaming on the screen.

..
"Philip" <1chip-state1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:0lEud.247$Yj4.36@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Ahhhh but ... you could be outside of your home area and still make a call
> handled by a Verizon tower which would ring up roaming charges, no?
>
> Rod Golding wrote:
>> Correct
>>
>>
>> "Gerald Riggs" <cny73676@centurytel.net> wrote in message
>> news:yO-dnYap8KsOkCbcRVn-qQ@centurytel.net...
>>> I think if you set the "System" to "Home Area" only it will only
>>> go after VZ towers. Better check me on this. Jerry
>>>
>>> "Mark P" <not@my.real.email> wrote in message
>>> news:cpegv21sgu@enews3.newsguy.com...
>>>> Just got a pair of VX6100 phones. Is there any way to set the
>>>> phone not to roam or to at least provide a stern warning before
>>>> doing anything "expensive"?
>
>
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 2:26:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

If you set it to "Home Area" it will only lock on to towers in your HOME SID
(which should be the system ID of all the towers in your local area). The
problem with that is that there may be other system ID's in your calling
area that you could call on for free and that setting would preclude.

-Eric

"Gerald Riggs" <cny73676@centurytel.net> wrote in message
news:yO-dnYap8KsOkCbcRVn-qQ@centurytel.net...
>I think if you set the "System" to "Home Area" only it will only go after
>VZ towers. Better check me on this. Jerry
>
> "Mark P" <not@my.real.email> wrote in message
> news:cpegv21sgu@enews3.newsguy.com...
>> Just got a pair of VX6100 phones. Is there any way to set the phone not
>> to roam or to at least provide a stern warning before doing anything
>> "expensive"?
>
>
!