Access denied to Documents folder in my computer

December 1, 2004 3:31:02 PM

A new folder has appeared in my computer and in C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Documents, which i havent noticed before. I am denied access to this
folder.
This causes a problem when trying to install an adobe program, as it
requires access to this folder. Consequently im told during installation that
it can no longer procede due to having no access to the folder in question.
It also mentions someting about being a system administrator, which i am!
Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 11:44:06 PM

Hi

Please see if the following helps:

"How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A new folder has appeared in my computer and in C:\Documents and
>Settings\All
> Users\Documents, which i havent noticed before. I am denied access to this
> folder.
> This causes a problem when trying to install an adobe program, as it
> requires access to this folder. Consequently im told during installation
> that
> it can no longer procede due to having no access to the folder in
> question.
> It also mentions someting about being a system administrator, which i am!
> Any ideas appreciated.
> Thanks
December 2, 2004 11:05:06 AM

Thanks Will, it worked a treat.