Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Hello,

Does anyone play RED ORCHESTRA? I used to play it when the first one was released .... but I recently saw Red Orchestra 2 is coming...

I am dien to get back into games when I build my system, just curious if anyone plays this game..

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Its a great tactical FPS but its not for everyone. It can be very slow at times and its fairly complex i.e its not like your average FPS game like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Counter Strike but for me, evan though I love those other games too, it makes Red Orchestra 2 very fun and rewarding when you get the hang of it.

If you have an interest in WW2 especially the Eastern Front and enjoy tactical FPS then you should definitely check it out.

There are a few bugs here and there, but there only very minor and are not game breaking at all and the game gets patched regularly.

Unfortunately I never played the 1st Red Orchestra Rob so I can't tell you whats changed.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Red Orchestra like Gothem said is definitely not like your run of the mill fast paced action COD's and whatnot...

From what i remember of the 1st game was.. 1 shot kill, iron sights or a scope there aren't any cross hairs to help you out, it's pretty realistic.. that's what i enjoyed most about it. It was just really realistic.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Its a one shot kill in the head and vital organs but a shot in the arm or leg for example won't kill you straight away, but you will die from blood loss so you need to patch yourself up, there is also surpresion were if you are being shot at the screen will go blury over time and you have to take cover to regain sight which stops people from running and gunning.

You will get no were by hip firing you have to use iron sights and have to adjust your iron sights depending on the range of your target which is something that I love.

You also have to play your role properly, a rifleman with a bolt action rifle will get owend inside a building but will be excellent outside at longer range just like a smg will be great indoors but will suck at long range.

There is also a great cover mechanic where you can take cover, lean out of cover and blind fire.

The tanks are also great fun and much more realistic than Battlefield, evan though people say Battlefield is realistic its still just an arcade game compared to RO2.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
I have never heard of this, but I just checked and it looks AWESOME!

Red Orchestra is like Soviet Union.. old school time.

Project reality says it's a battlefield mod.

if your familiar with Day Of Defeat? Red Orchestra is kinda like that... it's not as good as COD or BF

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
No offence intended by this at all Rob but Red Orchestra 2 is really nothing like Day of Defeat, other than both being first person shooters and set during the Second World War.

I've been watching some Project Reality gameplay videos James and it does seem very similar.

Heres a video of Red Orchestra 2 that shows off a lot of the gameplay mechanics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czc3wzwAA8Q

Its the little detail such as 1 minute 42 seconds were you can use the iron sights on your sniper rifle as well as the scope, and the tank gameplay is awesome you and you tank squad mates are actually sat inside the tank and everything inside in interactive, so for example you wanted a better view of the battle field you can open the hatch, just make sure theres no enemy around lol.

Bear in mind that that video is a trailer to sell the game, the game is not usually that action packed and can be very slow at times.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Nope No offense at all, i should of said it differently... I meant what you said. Just comparing the time frame of weaponry and whatnot.. and it also being a mod from another game..

www.gametrailers.com has a full review of Red Orchestra 2.

edit: to add video link.