sp2 slowed me down

i downloaded sp2 and now my pc is as slow as molasses. while trying to
install sp2 my pc crashed. I reinstalled windows BUT its so slow and i have
soooooo many freeze ups. Its a headache to get on my computer any more, much
less "surf the web" Any ideas??. I do the disk clean up and defrag and run
adaware, but no help.
4 answers Last reply
More about slowed down

    Sherry;
    Get the latest Windows XP drivers from the manufacturers website.
    Also:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "sherry" <sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i downloaded sp2 and now my pc is as slow as molasses. while trying
    > install sp2 my pc crashed. I reinstalled windows BUT its so slow
    > and i have
    > soooooo many freeze ups. Its a headache to get on my computer any
    > more, much
    > less "surf the web" Any ideas??. I do the disk clean up and defrag
    > and run
    > adaware, but no help.

    Sherry, when you reinstalled Windows did you format your drive and do a
    clean install? That would be a solution though
    a bit drastic.
    "sherry" <sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i downloaded sp2 and now my pc is as slow as molasses. while trying to
    > install sp2 my pc crashed. I reinstalled windows BUT its so slow and i
    > have
    > soooooo many freeze ups. Its a headache to get on my computer any more,
    > much
    > less "surf the web" Any ideas??. I do the disk clean up and defrag and run
    > adaware, but no help.

    Thanks for your interest, I need all the help i can get.
    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

    > Sherry;
    > Get the latest Windows XP drivers from the manufacturers website.
    > Also:
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >

    > "sherry" <sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >i downloaded sp2 and now my pc is as slow as molasses. while trying
    > > install sp2 my pc crashed. I reinstalled windows BUT its so slow
    > > and i have
    > > soooooo many freeze ups. Its a headache to get on my computer any
    > > more, much
    > > less "surf the web" Any ideas??. I do the disk clean up and defrag
    > > and run
    > > adaware, but no help.

    No, I did not, im not pc savvy. I just followed the instructions to
    reinstall. i have no idea , where everything went. I thought things were
    working ok But only for a few minutes. Im about ready to shoot this horse and
    put it out of its misery. thanks for your reply

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Sherry, when you reinstalled Windows did you format your drive and do a
    > clean install? That would be a solution though
    > a bit drastic.
    > "sherry" <sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >i downloaded sp2 and now my pc is as slow as molasses. while trying to
    > > install sp2 my pc crashed. I reinstalled windows BUT its so slow and i
    > > have
    > > soooooo many freeze ups. Its a headache to get on my computer any more,
    > > much
    > > less "surf the web" Any ideas??. I do the disk clean up and defrag and run
    > > adaware, but no help.

Microsoft Windows XP