sp2 slowed me down

i downloaded sp2 and now my pc is as slow as molasses. while trying to
install sp2 my pc crashed. I reinstalled windows BUT its so slow and i have
soooooo many freeze ups. Its a headache to get on my computer any more, much
less "surf the web" Any ideas??. I do the disk clean up and defrag and run
adaware, but no help.

Sherry;
Get the latest Windows XP drivers from the manufacturers website.
Also:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"sherry" <sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i downloaded sp2 and now my pc is as slow as molasses. while trying
> install sp2 my pc crashed. I reinstalled windows BUT its so slow
> and i have
> soooooo many freeze ups. Its a headache to get on my computer any
> more, much
> less "surf the web" Any ideas??. I do the disk clean up and defrag
> and run
> adaware, but no help.

Sherry, when you reinstalled Windows did you format your drive and do a
clean install? That would be a solution though
a bit drastic.
"sherry" <sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i downloaded sp2 and now my pc is as slow as molasses. while trying to
> install sp2 my pc crashed. I reinstalled windows BUT its so slow and i
> have
> soooooo many freeze ups. Its a headache to get on my computer any more,
> much
> less "surf the web" Any ideas??. I do the disk clean up and defrag and run
> adaware, but no help.

Thanks for your interest, I need all the help i can get.
"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Sherry;
> Get the latest Windows XP drivers from the manufacturers website.
> Also:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "sherry" <sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i downloaded sp2 and now my pc is as slow as molasses. while trying
> > install sp2 my pc crashed. I reinstalled windows BUT its so slow
> > and i have
> > soooooo many freeze ups. Its a headache to get on my computer any
> > more, much
> > less "surf the web" Any ideas??. I do the disk clean up and defrag
> > and run
> > adaware, but no help.

No, I did not, im not pc savvy. I just followed the instructions to
reinstall. i have no idea , where everything went. I thought things were
working ok But only for a few minutes. Im about ready to shoot this horse and
put it out of its misery. thanks for your reply