Upgrading phones on corporate accounts....

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
December 11, 2004 10:55:58 AM

My father gets a verizon cell phone thru his work, and I was wondering
if anyone knows how phone upgrades are handled. His phone is
seriously old and we would like to surprise him with a new phone.

I was hoping we could buy a new phone and then he could go into a
Verizon store and have the number switched over. Does this sound
reasonable? How are rebates handled on these accounts?

Sarah
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 11:49:26 AM

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:55:58 -0600, Sarah <sjkottke@yahoo.com> wrote:

>My father gets a verizon cell phone thru his work, and I was wondering
>if anyone knows how phone upgrades are handled. His phone is
>seriously old and we would like to surprise him with a new phone.
>
>I was hoping we could buy a new phone and then he could go into a
>Verizon store and have the number switched over. Does this sound
>reasonable? How are rebates handled on these accounts?

As you are buying the phone and leaving without upgrading it, you will
be charged full price. you would first need to find out if he is
eligible for a upgrade. And second, who is the Financial
Responsibility for the phone? Your father (i.e. the bill comes to him,
it's under his social security number, etc.), or his work? If it goes
to him, then you can maybe make a deal with the store to buy the phone
and then get a 'rebate' once your father brings the phone into the
store to sign a 2 year upgrade contract.

Or, simply make him a 'gift certificate' then take him to the store to
pick up the phone of his choice.

Evan
December 12, 2004 1:57:45 AM

"Sarah" <sjkottke@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My father gets a verizon cell phone thru his work, and I was
> wondering
> if anyone knows how phone upgrades are handled. His phone is
> seriously old and we would like to surprise him with a new phone.
>
> I was hoping we could buy a new phone and then he could go into a
> Verizon store and have the number switched over. Does this sound
> reasonable? How are rebates handled on these accounts?
>
> Sarah

Speaking as a person that does this for government use. We have a load
of phones available to us at NO COST and as low at $10 for many phones
out there. New Phones are also available at very reduced rates as well
as accessories and car install kits and related products.

The account manager at the corporate level is the primary who sends in
the email or letter to Verizon requesting the service plan, or phone
equipment. If there is a charge the costs appear on our monthly
invoice. If there is no charge then the Account Executive for
corporate customers can usually switch the number over to the newer
cell phone. It is not a good idea to use a "owner phone" on a
corporate account. In fact we do not allow it as to the liability
issues associated with the use or theft or loss of the product.

But it was a good thought to do for your father.

Elector
!