remove system restore points?

December 1, 2004 11:21:05 PM

Can anyone tell me how to remove a system restore point in XP?

Many thanks....
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 12:31:20 AM

Turn Off/On System Restore to remove all Restore Points:
Open System Restore
Click "System Restore Settings" on the left side.
Click "Turn off System Restore"
Click OK, follow prompts and reboot.
Then go back and turn on System Restore.
Or...
To delete all but the latest Restore Point:
Open Disk Cleanup
Click "More options"tab
Under System Restore click"Cleanup"
Click Yes and follow prompts.
Reboot.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"froh" <froh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how to remove a system restore point in XP?
>
> Many thanks....
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 2:51:00 AM

Alas, restore points can't be individually deleted. You can, however, remove
all but the most recent restore point. (It's one of the options presented by
the Disc Cleanup Wizard.)

You can also delete all restore points, by turning off system restore for
all drives and then rebooting. Be sure to turn system restore on again after
your computer restarts.

Ted Zieglar

!