Using XP Recovery from CD After Installing SP2

If I wish to recover XP OS from CD, can or do I just enter the SP2 CD (I
ordered it instead of downloading.)instead of the "system disk" that I've
been using (that came with PC)?
--
RLR

If you received a set of recovery CDs, their purpose is to erase your hard
disk and reinstall the software that was on your computer when it left the
factory. Ask your system vendor if their recovery CDs include SP 2.

If you received a Windows installation CD and choose to reinstall Windows,
you will need to go to Windows Update and reinstall SP 2, unless your
Installation CD already includes SP 2.
--
Ted Zieglar

"rlr" <rlr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I wish to recover XP OS from CD, can or do I just enter the SP2 CD (I
> ordered it instead of downloading.)instead of the "system disk" that I've
> been using (that came with PC)?
> --
> RLR

I guess I didn't say what I meant. Good points though. I'm actually
thinking about the chkdsk /p /r that you can do, and select boot from the
vendor/OS CD. (Finds and fixes errors.) Is it going to wipe out SP2? Will
chkdsk even run when it finds CD with XP SP1 in the CD ROM drive?

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> If you received a set of recovery CDs, their purpose is to erase your hard
> disk and reinstall the software that was on your computer when it left the
> factory. Ask your system vendor if their recovery CDs include SP 2.
>
> If you received a Windows installation CD and choose to reinstall Windows,
> you will need to go to Windows Update and reinstall SP 2, unless your
> Installation CD already includes SP 2.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>

> "rlr" <rlr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I wish to recover XP OS from CD, can or do I just enter the SP2 CD (I
> > ordered it instead of downloading.)instead of the "system disk" that I've
> > been using (that came with PC)?
> > --
> > RLR

Disk Error Checking (chkdsk) will not erase the software on your hard disc.
Chkdsk checks your hard disk for logical errors, like cross-linked files and
orphan clusters, and looks for physical damage to the surface of your disk.