Start bar freezes after opening folder e.g. using Windows ..

I have the following problem. Everytime when I use Windows Explorer (open
folder, or My Computer or My Network Places) my start bas freezes and I can
not click on the start button or anything else. If I use ALT-TAB combo it
still works and I can shift between programs but the startbar is dead
although all other programs work. Then I have to raise Task Manager, kill
explorer.exe and then run it again and then everything works until I open any
folder again. What the hell i shappening. I hav eWin XP SP2 laptop and I
tried to use System restore which said that it can not restore my PC to an
earlier time, tried to reinstall SP2 but it did not help. Please someone
help!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about start freezes opening folder windows

    OK if anyone else is having the same problem I think I have found a solution.
    :-) Just create another account and move all of Your settings to this
    account. It seems to work.

    "Aleksandar" wrote:

    > I have the following problem. Everytime when I use Windows Explorer (open
    > folder, or My Computer or My Network Places) my start bas freezes and I can
    > not click on the start button or anything else. If I use ALT-TAB combo it
    > still works and I can shift between programs but the startbar is dead
    > although all other programs work. Then I have to raise Task Manager, kill
    > explorer.exe and then run it again and then everything works until I open any
    > folder again. What the hell i shappening. I hav eWin XP SP2 laptop and I
    > tried to use System restore which said that it can not restore my PC to an
    > earlier time, tried to reinstall SP2 but it did not help. Please someone
    > help!!!

Windows XP