Start bar freezes after opening folder e.g. using Windows ..

December 2, 2004 10:35:03 AM

I have the following problem. Everytime when I use Windows Explorer (open
folder, or My Computer or My Network Places) my start bas freezes and I can
not click on the start button or anything else. If I use ALT-TAB combo it
still works and I can shift between programs but the startbar is dead
although all other programs work. Then I have to raise Task Manager, kill
explorer.exe and then run it again and then everything works until I open any
folder again. What the hell i shappening. I hav eWin XP SP2 laptop and I
tried to use System restore which said that it can not restore my PC to an
earlier time, tried to reinstall SP2 but it did not help. Please someone
help!!!
December 3, 2004 5:59:03 AM

OK if anyone else is having the same problem I think I have found a solution.
:-) Just create another account and move all of Your settings to this
account. It seems to work.

!