explorer windows crash when CD ejected

Every time I eject a CD from the drive with a Windows explorer window open,
the explorer windows hang, and all other programs stop running. The only
solution to the problem is a reboot. What can be causing this and how do I
fix it?
2 answers Last reply
More about explorer windows crash ejected

    ratch Wrote:
    > Every time I eject a CD from the drive with a Windows explorer window
    > open,
    > the explorer windows hang, and all other programs stop running. The
    > only
    > solution to the problem is a reboot. What can be causing this and how
    > do I
    > fix it?
    I have exactly the same problem.It started happening soon after
    installing SP2, but I'm not sure whether the problem is from the SP2.
    The other major thing I had done to my system before the problem
    occured is installing a new hard drive but it is SATA and my cd/dvd
    drive i IDE so there is no relationship between both of these so if
    anyone have an idea, let him please post a message.I don't want to
    reinstall XP.Thank you

    --
    DRLabs

    I don't know whether this problem has already been solved but I Do like
    to post this message in order to be helpful for other people. I
    reinstalled my Windows XP Pro SP2 and this problem occured again. By
    installing all my applications one by one I noticed that the guilty
    program was Panda Antivirus Titanium. I just uninstalled it and now
    everything is OK ( Kaspersky is a good software that doesn't cause this
    problem). Good luck!!!

    --
    DRLabs

Crash CD-Rom Explorer Windows XP