explorer windows crash when CD ejected

December 2, 2004 5:15:02 PM

Every time I eject a CD from the drive with a Windows explorer window open,
the explorer windows hang, and all other programs stop running. The only
solution to the problem is a reboot. What can be causing this and how do I
fix it?
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 12:40:42 PM

ratch Wrote:
> Every time I eject a CD from the drive with a Windows explorer window
> open,
> the explorer windows hang, and all other programs stop running. The
> only
> solution to the problem is a reboot. What can be causing this and how
> do I
> fix it?
I have exactly the same problem.It started happening soon after
installing SP2, but I'm not sure whether the problem is from the SP2.
The other major thing I had done to my system before the problem
occured is installing a new hard drive but it is SATA and my cd/dvd
drive i IDE so there is no relationship between both of these so if
anyone have an idea, let him please post a message.I don't want to
reinstall XP.Thank you

--
DRLabs
Anonymous

I don't know whether this problem has already been solved but I Do like
to post this message in order to be helpful for other people. I
reinstalled my Windows XP Pro SP2 and this problem occured again. By
installing all my applications one by one I noticed that the guilty
program was Panda Antivirus Titanium. I just uninstalled it and now
everything is OK ( Kaspersky is a good software that doesn't cause this
problem). Good luck!!!

--
DRLabs
!