upgrading

I currently have windows xp home on my 64bit machine and have been thinking
about upgrading to windows xp 64 bit. I know I can copy my settings across
but is there a way I can copy across the registry in such a way i dont have
to re-install all my programs cos that would be very annoying.
1 answer Last reply
More about upgrading

    There is no upgrade path from Windows XP Home Edition
    to the 64-bit version of Windows XP. A "clean install" is
    required.

    Clean Install Windows XP

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

    Newsgroup Support for Windows for 64-Bit Extended Systems
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/extended/trial/support.mspx

    Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems Customer Preview Program
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/upgrade.mspx

    List of Limitations in 64-Bit Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282423&Product=winxp

    Cannot Install Some Programs on Windows XP for 64-bit Platforms
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298218&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Daemon_Byte" wrote:

    | I currently have windows xp home on my 64bit machine and have been thinking
    | about upgrading to windows xp 64 bit. I know I can copy my settings across
    | but is there a way I can copy across the registry in such a way i dont have
    | to re-install all my programs cos that would be very annoying.

Microsoft Windows XP