EVDO Imate and EVDO Coverage in Detroit?

I-Mate has an EVDO PDA:

http://www.imate.com/products.php?id=11

Can anyone think of a way to get it activated on Verizon's EVDO net. Also,
does anyone know if EVDO is running in Detroit?
2 answers Last reply
More about evdo imate evdo coverage detroit

    According to VZW website, no EVDO in Detroit yet:

    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadband

    "Stuart Friedman" <stu@nospam.na> wrote in message
    > I-Mate has an EVDO PDA:
    >
    > http://www.imate.com/products.php?id=11
    >
    > Can anyone think of a way to get it activated on Verizon's EVDO net.
    > Also, does anyone know if EVDO is running in Detroit?

    I just saw the specs for the new Audiovox PDA that Verizon will be offering
    for use on EVDO. It looks exactly like the iMate I've been interested in. I
    got to play with a GPRS version of the same unit and it was great. The
    version I got my paws on was localized for the Middleeast so a few programs
    probably were eliminated to support the dual English/Arabic functionality,
    but it was a great machine.

    Stu

    "Stuart Friedman" <stu@nospam.na> wrote in message
    > I-Mate has an EVDO PDA:
    >
    > http://www.imate.com/products.php?id=11
    >
    > Can anyone think of a way to get it activated on Verizon's EVDO net.
    > Also, does anyone know if EVDO is running in Detroit?

Verizon PDA Internet Service Providers