EVDO Imate and EVDO Coverage in Detroit?

Last response: in Network Providers
December 12, 2004 6:13:38 AM

I-Mate has an EVDO PDA:

http://www.imate.com/products.php?id=11

Can anyone think of a way to get it activated on Verizon's EVDO net. Also,
does anyone know if EVDO is running in Detroit?
December 13, 2004 7:38:33 PM

According to VZW website, no EVDO in Detroit yet:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadb...

"Stuart Friedman" <stu@nospam.na> wrote in message
> I-Mate has an EVDO PDA:
>
> http://www.imate.com/products.php?id=11
>
> Can anyone think of a way to get it activated on Verizon's EVDO net.
> Also, does anyone know if EVDO is running in Detroit?

Anonymous
December 17, 2004 5:02:16 PM

I just saw the specs for the new Audiovox PDA that Verizon will be offering
for use on EVDO. It looks exactly like the iMate I've been interested in. I
got to play with a GPRS version of the same unit and it was great. The
version I got my paws on was localized for the Middleeast so a few programs
probably were eliminated to support the dual English/Arabic functionality,
but it was a great machine.

Stu

!