Sign in with
Your question

Game minimum requirements

Last response: in Video Games
November 10, 2011 11:05:22 AM

Hello, I have an Alienware M11X R1 it has the basic processor SU4100 1.3GHz, i was looking to get a game called starcraft and the minimum requirements are as follows:

PC:
Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX 9.0c
2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
128 MB PCIe NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT or ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card or better

Now am i right in saying that the fact my processor is dual core that i would meet the minimum requirements for this??? As in my 1.3GHz would double in terms of a normal pentium?

cheers from an idiot lol
November 10, 2011 11:56:00 AM

A dual core doesn't double your speed. You simply have two cores each running at 1.3ghz. Think of it sort of like a two lane highway. Cars in both lanes are going 65mph. You don't add their speed together and say they are going 120mph. You just have more cars (data) on the road than a single lane highway.
November 10, 2011 12:01:25 PM

Ok so it doesnt double thanks. But if i have to lanes so to speak with more data transfer would that allow me to play this game or would i need to upgrade my computer? Im guessing the latter. Thanks for your help :) 

Xeno
Related resources
November 10, 2011 1:46:30 PM

Ok no worries mate, thanks for the reply's :)  Guess upgrades are needed, any tips on what i should upgrade? Thanks for that link aswell :) 

Xeno
November 10, 2011 1:54:24 PM

Being that it's a laptop, your upgrade possibilities are very limited. Most times, other than memory and hard drives, the rest isn't user servicable.
November 10, 2011 1:59:55 PM

Ah that is a shame, just upgraded the memory to 8gb, i thought these things were pretty much plug and play then swap out when you want something bigger and better,will have to see what i can get anyways, cheers for your help :) 

Xeno
!