Cleaning registry & DLLs?

Any effective tool for cleaning the registry or unused dlls?
11 answers Last reply
More about cleaning registry dlls

    Hi

    None!!!! The XP Registry looks afer itself. Trying to phrick around with
    the Registry using any of these so called Registry 'cleaners' can cause more
    problems than they are worth and could render your PC unusable. Please
    leave the Registry alone!!

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "BigMan" <fn42551@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> wrote in message
    > Any effective tool for cleaning the registry or unused dlls?

    V-Com's program called Fix-It does a very good job. www.v-com.com I've been
    using it successfully for years and it does not cause problems, as implied
    in other postings.

    "BigMan" <fn42551@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> wrote in message
    > Any effective tool for cleaning the registry or unused dlls?

    However, you can purge DLL Cache.

    From a command prompt, run sfc /purgecache

    ....and that helps? Those files may be needed in case of a system failure!!

    --

    "iamdela" <iamdela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > However, you can purge DLL Cache.
    >
    > From a command prompt, run sfc /purgecache

    Why do you insist on pepetrating your fear of the registry ojn others? There
    are several good registry cleaners available. Just because you have this fear
    you are negative against them. Why don't you learn what the registry is all
    about?
    > Hi
    >
    > None!!!! The XP Registry looks afer itself. Trying to phrick around with
    > the Registry using any of these so called Registry 'cleaners' can cause more
    > problems than they are worth and could render your PC unusable. Please
    > leave the Registry alone!!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "BigMan" <fn42551@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> wrote in message
    >> Any effective tool for cleaning the registry or unused dlls?

    Registry cleaners are for people who are easily taken in by hype.
    Unfortunately, these are the same people who are ill equipped to dig
    themselves out of the trouble these toys cause. We read their desperate
    pleas for help in these newsgroups every day.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom> wrote in message
    > Why do you insist on pepetrating your fear of the registry ojn others?
    There
    > are several good registry cleaners available. Just because you have this
    fear
    > you are negative against them. Why don't you learn what the registry is
    all
    > about?
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > None!!!! The XP Registry looks afer itself. Trying to phrick around
    with
    > > the Registry using any of these so called Registry 'cleaners' can cause
    more
    > > problems than they are worth and could render your PC unusable. Please
    > > leave the Registry alone!!
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Will Denny
    > > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > > Please reply to the News Groups
    > >

    > > "BigMan" <fn42551@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> wrote in message
    > >> Any effective tool for cleaning the registry or unused dlls?

    "ojn" - a word not know in these NGs. Perhaps you could elucidate? There
    are *****NO**** good Registry cleaners. Take it from someone who has a
    'few' emails each day referring to this problem and an unbootable system!!!!

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom> wrote in message
    > Why do you insist on pepetrating your fear of the registry ojn others?
    > There are several good registry cleaners available. Just because you have
    > this fear you are negative against them. Why don't you learn what the
    > registry is all about?
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> None!!!! The XP Registry looks afer itself. Trying to phrick around
    >> with the Registry using any of these so called Registry 'cleaners' can
    >> cause more problems than they are worth and could render your PC
    >> unusable. Please leave the Registry alone!!
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "BigMan" <fn42551@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> wrote in message
    >>> Any effective tool for cleaning the registry or unused dlls?

    WTF does that program do!!??

    --

    > V-Com's program called Fix-It does a very good job. www.v-com.com I've
    > been using it successfully for years and it does not cause problems, as
    > implied in other postings.
    >
    > "BigMan" <fn42551@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> wrote in message
    >> Any effective tool for cleaning the registry or unused dlls?
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Go to the V-Com web site and check it out for yourself.

    > WTF does that program do!!??
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
    >> V-Com's program called Fix-It does a very good job. www.v-com.com I've
    >> been using it successfully for years and it does not cause problems, as
    >> implied in other postings.
    >>
    >> "BigMan" <fn42551@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> wrote in message
    >>> Any effective tool for cleaning the registry or unused dlls?

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Based upon the number of e mails concerning problems with systems, I see far
    more refering to SP2 than to Registry Cleaners. Based upon your logic
    perhaps you should advise not to install SP2? :-).

    I do not remember seeing any reports in these NGs of system problems that
    are attributed to using Registry Cleaners. Your statements that Registry
    Cleaners make the machine unbootable I believe are false. Even if the
    current version of the registry becomes corrupted the machine will boot to
    allow installation of 'last good configuration'. Further, I believe the OS
    prevents the deletion of essential files. I do, however, accept the value
    of Registry Cleaners are debateable.

    > "ojn" - a word not know in these NGs. Perhaps you could elucidate? There
    > are *****NO**** good Registry cleaners. Take it from someone who has a
    > 'few' emails each day referring to this problem and an unbootable
    > system!!!!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom> wrote in message
    >> Why do you insist on pepetrating your fear of the registry ojn others?
    >> There are several good registry cleaners available. Just because you have
    >> this fear you are negative against them. Why don't you learn what the
    >> registry is all about?
    >> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> None!!!! The XP Registry looks afer itself. Trying to phrick around
    >>> with the Registry using any of these so called Registry 'cleaners' can
    >>> cause more problems than they are worth and could render your PC
    >>> unusable. Please leave the Registry alone!!
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Will Denny
    >>> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >>> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>>

    >>> "BigMan" <fn42551@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> wrote in message

  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Hi

    SP2 is OK to install. Any existing problems need to sorted out before
    upgrading.

    The following articles are very useful for SP2 pre-installation:

    "Introduction to Windows XP Service Pack 2" - by Barb Bowman
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/expert/bowman_introtosp2.mspx

    "What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2"
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

    Registry 'cleaners' cause all kinds of havoc. Try a search here:

    http://www.google.com/grphp

    --

    "Edward W. Thompson" <thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > Based upon the number of e mails concerning problems with systems, I see
    > far more refering to SP2 than to Registry Cleaners. Based upon your logic
    > perhaps you should advise not to install SP2? :-).
    >
    > I do not remember seeing any reports in these NGs of system problems that
    > are attributed to using Registry Cleaners. Your statements that Registry
    > Cleaners make the machine unbootable I believe are false. Even if the
    > current version of the registry becomes corrupted the machine will boot to
    > allow installation of 'last good configuration'. Further, I believe the
    > OS prevents the deletion of essential files. I do, however, accept the
    > value of Registry Cleaners are debateable.

    >> "ojn" - a word not know in these NGs. Perhaps you could elucidate?
    >> There are *****NO**** good Registry cleaners. Take it from someone who
    >> has a 'few' emails each day referring to this problem and an unbootable
    >> system!!!!
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom> wrote in message
    >>> Why do you insist on pepetrating your fear of the registry ojn others?
    >>> There are several good registry cleaners available. Just because you
    >>> have this fear you are negative against them. Why don't you learn what
    >>> the registry is all about?
    >>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

Registry Microsoft Windows XP