XPL File Problem

I'm unable to open an XLS file. I get a message that says the file does not
have a program associated with it and one needs to be created in the Control
Panel folders. I've gone to the Control Panel >Folder Options >File
Types>New> and created and XLS file extension but I'm still getting the same
message. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

AMD AthlonXP 1700+
120G
512MB

..xls is the extension for an Excel spreadsheet. To open files with the .xls
extension, install Microsoft Excel.

If you want to view the file only, and will not be adding or changing
anything, you can obtain an Excel file viewer at no charge from Microsoft:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010449811033.aspx
--
Ted Zieglar

"Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message
> I'm unable to open an XLS file. I get a message that says the file does
not
> have a program associated with it and one needs to be created in the
Control
> Panel folders. I've gone to the Control Panel >Folder Options >File
> Types>New> and created and XLS file extension but I'm still getting the
same
> message. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
>
> AMD AthlonXP 1700+
> 120G
> 512MB

Ted, thanks for the link and the explanation. I downloaded the viewer and
can now view the file. Many thanks!