Skyrim - steam

Thegeek

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Really simple question for you steam users. ( This is the first game I've ever brought that requires steam to play it)( It's a DVD)

I received my Skyrim today and it's fully ready and waiting for me to play on. Problem is it keeps saying I need to wait until it's officially released, which brings me to my question: do I have to wait until midnight to play Skyrim? :heink:

Thanks fellow Geeks!

thesleeper1a

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
The release time is midnight eastern time zone for all of the US so depending where you are you may get it before or after midnight so cali will get it unlocked at the same time as eastern US but will be 9pm local cali time.

EDIT: same time for Canada as well rest of the world have different release times not sure of.

thesleeper1a

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Just noticed I did not directly answer, it is actually yes you need to wait for steam to unlock your game usually requiring restarting steam when it is unlocked as well to complete the unlock.

Thegeek

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

All the pre-loading is done, mate.

Thegeek

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

Tried closing it down and starting it back up and I keep getting "When the game is officially released, you'll be able to play it immediately."

I guess I have to wait until midnight. That sucks. :sarcastic:

thesleeper1a

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Yes it does, 8 hours and 28 min for me to go.

You will need to turn off steam and restart it to make steam recognize that the game can be unlocked once you get to midnight.