Freeing up space on H/D

Hi I just set my system restore much lower then the factory default, and it
should have (I would think) freed up such needed space on my hard drive, but
nothing has changed. I went into system properties and I still have the same
amount of free hard drive as before lowering the system restore settings. I
did a disc clean and re-booted and still it says the same amount of disk
space left as before.
Is lowering the restore points to a smaller amount of disk to use, really
freeing up room for me? or where did that extra space go??\
Confused I am.
--
Thank Ya Kindly,
Danny

Danny, rt click on drive icon in My Computer>select Properties>Disk
Cleanup>More Options>System Restore>Cleanup
Say yes to all.
"Oh_Danny_Boy" <Oh_Danny_Boy@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
> Hi I just set my system restore much lower then the factory default, and
> it
> should have (I would think) freed up such needed space on my hard drive,
> but
> nothing has changed. I went into system properties and I still have the
> same
> amount of free hard drive as before lowering the system restore settings.
> did a disc clean and re-booted and still it says the same amount of disk
> space left as before.
> Is lowering the restore points to a smaller amount of disk to use, really
> freeing up room for me? or where did that extra space go??\
> Confused I am.
> --
> Thank Ya Kindly,
> Danny