Modern warfare 3 will not work

Last response: in Video Games
November 10, 2011 7:54:02 PM

i have a strict setting on xbox 360 how do i get rid of it

More about : modern warfare work

November 10, 2011 8:26:58 PM

can you give any more info?
November 10, 2011 9:13:54 PM

got modern warfare 3 for xbox 360 and i cant join any games because my nat is set on strict the only games i can play are ones which im invited to by friends.can u help me change it to open so i wont hav to return the game.i hav a hard wire connection straight from d router not wireless any info will b greatly appreciated thanks Sam
Related resources
November 10, 2011 9:27:26 PM

who is your internet provider and what is the make and model of the router
November 11, 2011 6:19:05 AM

permenet and intellinet 150n is my router
November 11, 2011 8:12:37 AM

Can you get access to your routers control panel(setup page), possibly by going to the following address and typing in these details :

http://192.168.2.1

admin
November 11, 2011 11:48:02 AM

The easiest way to open NAT on any home router is to enable uPnP (universal plug & play).
November 11, 2011 1:32:53 PM

From experience that doesn't work most of the time and you need to manually forward or trigger the ports using the routers setup page which is what im trying to see if he can get access to.

If you have one xbox with a strict NAT then setting a static ip on the xbox and Port Forwarding the ports needed to that IP will solve the issues.

If you have more than one xbox then you must use port triggering which basically does the same as port forwarding only you dont set an ip address so the router will automatically open the ports you add for any ip address attemping to access them.
November 11, 2011 2:09:32 PM

Well, if the OP doesn't want to use port mapping and triggering, he can always put the xbox in the DMZ. Personally, I don't like using the DMZ except as a last resort.

I have a netgear DLink DGL-4100 router and with UPnP turned on, I get "open" NAT. With the few other routers I have tried, using UPnP worked fine, albeit I don't own an xbox, but it works fine for my PS3 and programs that require it on my PC's.
November 11, 2011 2:15:25 PM

Im sure the OP will be fine with using portforwarding which I will help him setup if he can get onto his router setup page ok, yea i would only recommend using a DMZ if everything else fails which im sure it wont.
!