how to remove windows XP service pack 2 download file

Hi,

I am running windows xp home edition on my laptop. I started to
download the service pack 2 this morning, but before it finish
downloading, my c drive is running out of space.

My question:

1. How to stop downloading the update file?
2. How to find and delete the update files already downloaded to my c
drive to free up space?

Thanks a lot!
2 answers Last reply
More about remove windows service pack download file

    SP2 what to remove to not install
    http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=11&ln=en

    Delete: DataStore & Download

    C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
    C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:1102200047.500412.281780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com,
    group.20.jianweiece@antichef.com <group.20.jianweiece@antichef.com> hunted
    and pecked:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am running windows xp home edition on my laptop. I started to
    > download the service pack 2 this morning, but before it finish
    > downloading, my c drive is running out of space.
    >
    > My question:
    >
    > 1. How to stop downloading the update file?
    > 2. How to find and delete the update files already downloaded to my c
    > drive to free up space?
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    Thanks Wes, this helps.

Download Windows XP