how to remove windows XP service pack 2 download file

December 4, 2004 5:40:47 PM

Hi,

I am running windows xp home edition on my laptop. I started to
download the service pack 2 this morning, but before it finish
downloading, my c drive is running out of space.

My question:

1. How to stop downloading the update file?
2. How to find and delete the update files already downloaded to my c
drive to free up space?

Thanks a lot!
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 8:49:58 PM

SP2 what to remove to not install
http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showar...

Delete: DataStore & Download

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:1102200047.500412.281780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com,
group.20.jianweiece@antichef.com <group.20.jianweiece@antichef.com> hunted
and pecked:
> Hi,
>
> I am running windows xp home edition on my laptop. I started to
> download the service pack 2 this morning, but before it finish
> downloading, my c drive is running out of space.
>
> My question:
>
> 1. How to stop downloading the update file?
> 2. How to find and delete the update files already downloaded to my c
> drive to free up space?
>
> Thanks a lot!
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 9:20:07 PM