Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

LX6100 - Mobile Office Kit.

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 4:41:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Looking for someone who has successfully loaded and used VZW's Mobile
office kit for the LG VX6100.

I have this system, and have connected to both NationalAccess and Q2N.
My problem is that when I no longer need the cell phone connection and
have wifi available, I can no longer BROWSE with IE unless I uninstall
Venturi. I can download email with wifi connection from 6 different
servers but I can't BROWSE the internet. Once Venturi is uninstalled, I
can browse using a wifi connection. Also the install created some
additional "wireless optimized" dial up connections.

Any one else with this problem.


--
Thanks

Traveling
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 6:25:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I have the exact thing you are looking for. I however do not install the
National Access and Q2N part. I just use the phone book part of the Cd. I
also had the same problem and because I didn't need it with my cable access
I uninstalled it. Anyway who is going to access the internet with computer
via their cell phone. Pretty slow way of doing things and you would be
better finding some place that would have Wifi setup.


"Traveling" <rvparked-newsroup@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1r6vd.118945$7i4.46328@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Looking for someone who has successfully loaded and used VZW's Mobile
> office kit for the LG VX6100.
>
> I have this system, and have connected to both NationalAccess and Q2N. My
> problem is that when I no longer need the cell phone connection and have
> wifi available, I can no longer BROWSE with IE unless I uninstall Venturi.
> I can download email with wifi connection from 6 different servers but I
> can't BROWSE the internet. Once Venturi is uninstalled, I can browse using
> a wifi connection. Also the install created some additional "wireless
> optimized" dial up connections.
>
> Any one else with this problem.
>
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Traveling
>
>
>
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 6:25:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

> "Traveling" <rvparked-newsroup@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1r6vd.118945$7i4.46328@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Looking for someone who has successfully loaded and used VZW's Mobile
> office kit for the LG VX6100.
>
> I have this system, and have connected to both NationalAccess and
> Q2N. My problem is that when I no longer need the cell phone
> connection and have wifi available, I can no longer BROWSE with IE
> unless I uninstall Venturi. I can download email with wifi
> connection from 6 different servers but I can't BROWSE the internet.
> Once Venturi is uninstalled, I can browse using a wifi connection.
> Also the install created some additional "wireless optimized" dial
> up connections.
>
> Any one else with this problem.
>
>
> --


Yup... Got mine set up to use an internal LAN for browser stuff, and then
the various connections (Cable/DSL/Dialup/Cellphone/WiFi etc) all put the
info onto the internal LAN (where explorer grabs it).

In IE/options/connections you can set it to "never dial a connection", and
that forces it to use the internal LAN buffer (which can get stuff from a
variety of sources). Sounds like you have it set to use a dial-up connection
in which case the install changes it to one of MO's connections.

Good luck..
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 4:11:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Do not use Explorer any longer. I switched to Mozilla Firefox about 60 days
ago and haven't had a pop or addware issue since.

..
"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:324in5F3h5iatU1@individual.net...
>> "Traveling" <rvparked-newsroup@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:1r6vd.118945$7i4.46328@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> Looking for someone who has successfully loaded and used VZW's Mobile
>> office kit for the LG VX6100.
>>
>> I have this system, and have connected to both NationalAccess and
>> Q2N. My problem is that when I no longer need the cell phone
>> connection and have wifi available, I can no longer BROWSE with IE
>> unless I uninstall Venturi. I can download email with wifi
>> connection from 6 different servers but I can't BROWSE the internet.
>> Once Venturi is uninstalled, I can browse using a wifi connection.
>> Also the install created some additional "wireless optimized" dial
>> up connections.
>>
>> Any one else with this problem.
>>
>>
>> --
>
>
> Yup... Got mine set up to use an internal LAN for browser stuff, and
> then
> the various connections (Cable/DSL/Dialup/Cellphone/WiFi etc) all put the
> info onto the internal LAN (where explorer grabs it).
>
> In IE/options/connections you can set it to "never dial a connection", and
> that forces it to use the internal LAN buffer (which can get stuff from a
> variety of sources). Sounds like you have it set to use a dial-up
> connection
> in which case the install changes it to one of MO's connections.
>
> Good luck..
>
>
!